Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Got a New 2014 Vaquero!

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  dlars 
#1 · (Edited)
Love the look of this bike. I was riding a Suzuki M109R (very fast). Trying to get used to the Vaquero. I love how it looks and how it handles in the twisties. You just point it and it goes where you want it to go. I'm still breaking in but it doesn't have the torque of the M109. Not a big deal I can add pipes, air and fuel, controller to help.

I'm 6'6" and I feel a bit cramped. Sitting too forward. Any suggestions from tall riders on mods I can do to make it more Comfortable?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RACNRAY
#2 · (Edited)
CONGRATS.....yea addin the Big 3 to the Vaq will certainly help in the power department, but it will still be no M109!!! I believe the 1700's are more of a "gentleman's" engine, very refined and smooth. You are right bout the handling, every time I ride a M109 with that big rear tire it is such a struggle t get it to turn like the Vaq does.

My 2011 just clicked past 95,000 mls, the stereo and the cruise control have had me spoiled from day one!

I have the Corbin Young guns saddle on my Vaq, sits me a bit lower and further back than the stock seat, more leg room and I don't have to have quite as tall of a shield as with other seats.

HAVE FUN

RACNRAY

#3 ·
Yes each bike has its own unique character and need to be appreciated for their strengths. Boy the handling of the Vaquero is so nice. It's like you float through the curves.

I was looking at that Corbin seat too as well as the Russell. I heard the Russell sits you higher which would be good for me but, perhaps I could order the Young Gun to do that as well.

Man you've been putting in some saddle time!

Ride Sage!

#4 ·
Welcome randog. I have 2014 Vaquero...you can see it as the Feb Bike of the Month...I've made a few mods.

I have the Mustang saddle...actually sits a bit further back, but a tiny bit higher on the bike.

Lots of great personalization options on the Vaquero. Hope you love it!

#5 ·
Thanks! I really like the color you have. I think this bike looks best in black (meaner). I have the orange flame. I'm not big on the flames but like the candy orange. I've been looking at the Mustang, Corbin and Russel seats. Fit is most important to me.

#6 ·
Personally, I think the vaquero has 'the look'. Anything that detracts from the look takes away from the cool factor. I would go with the young guns and have them set you back as far as they can.

#7 ·
I understand what you're saying. The Russel looks like it belongs on a Goldwing. Not cool looking at all.

#9 ·
Congrats! Show her off & let us see that beauty..

#13 ·

#10 ·
I know people don't like the look of the Mustang or the Russell seat but they sure are comfortable.

Don't forget a set of highway pegs. Goes a long way being able to stretch your legs out. I like to position them in such a way that I can put my heel on the floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs. Gives me three positions (floorboards, heel/toe like I just mentioned, or all the way up on the peg).

Reactions: CaptKurt
#19 ·
I like to position them in such a way that I can put my heel on the floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs. Gives me three positions (floorboards, heel/toe like I just mentioned, or all the way up on the peg).
Funny...thats exactly how I run em too. I use the Kuryakyn Dual Offset.

#11 ·
echo that on the hiway pegs.

i bin messin with the stock seat, thinkin that modifying the "sponge foam", and a new cover will get a better feel.
the passenger saddle is higher and can be a sort of back rest too.

the stock windscreen is too high, went for 4" shorter factory version, and occasionally switch em out too.

any aftermarket saddle solution costs more than a set of tires.

#12 ·
I'm 6'6" also and have installed a set of highway pegs on the engine guard which make a lot of difference. I like the stock seat but did find myself sitting too close to the tank. I took it to an upholsterer who put in a line of stitching right where it dishes up in the back. it did seem to allow me to sit back a couple inches farther so I don't even notice it now.....or else it's broken in now.

#14 ·
That's an interesting idea - stitching the seat. Would you mind send me a photo of your seat? I might try that.

#16 ·
Nice bikes... I lived off Newport Ave in Santa Ana in 1980!!! Was back there about 8 years ago
and theres a highway behind the apartnernt I lived in that rund east west to the beach...

Can't imagine riding out there now... You want those scoots to GLOW!

Be safe and enjoy.

gb

#20 ·
Here are a couple pics. It doesn't look like much but it did make a difference

Attachments

#21 ·
Thanks for taking the time to send these. I can see how that would help and may give it a shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.