Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Highway Pegs

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  GR2020 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I just installed a set with 4" extensions and don't think I will use them as I am sure they will scrape in corners. I will say you are better to tap out the holes instead of using the machine screws they give you and use bolts IMO.

While solid I want floor boards (not pegs) and the OEM floorboards flex slightly. I have rigged up some boards on highway bars as I did on my other bike which I prefer more.

#4 ·
Your profile doesn't state what bike you ride, but if you have an engine guard in my opinion it's probably better to mount them there. I would also be a bit concerned with them contacting the ground if they are mounted on the floor-board.......just my 2 cents. I'm sure they accept returns so the only way to know for sure is to try a set. Highway peg placement is a personal thing, 100 people will give you 100 different opinions. Good luck on what you decide.

#7 ·
These are the ones I got from Kuryakyn's and like them very much.

#8 ·
Hiway pegs

I have these pegs and have not grounded out yet. Mind you that I don't ride like it is a sports bike. Around town I rest my heels on the boards and toes on the extensions and on the hiway I strech my legs out on them. Best things I ever bought. ( in case the photo does not appear they are the same as the original post from Aschamne).

Attachments

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.