Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Finally put my air horn...

7K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Alansire 
#1 ·
...on!

It is Wolo with a Kuryakyn cover.

I tried to mount it on the front frame but it is big and wouldn't fit correctly between the radiator and lower fairing. After experimenting with various possibilities, even where the stock horn was, this spot was the best. Not sure how long the horn will last since water can flood it due to the direction but we will see.

Yes it is plenty loud!

Install was easy. the hardest part was figuring out where to mount it.

That pee-wee horn just didn't cut it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It should last there. I have a friend who has his Wolo mounted on his engine guard of his 2010 Nomad. I think he mounted it on the upper part of the bar though and has it hanging straight down.

I put a Custom Dynamics Mini Beast 5 (in pic below) on mine 'cause like you said that tiny sounding horn had to go.

#5 ·
Put mine on a few weeks ago. Was able to get it on the left side down frame. Yea it's loud. My friend who has a HD now wants one. I told him they are only made for Kawasaki's.:grin2:

Attachments

#7 ·
Can you post a link to where you bought it? I'd like to install a manly horn.

#8 ·
Try Ebay. About 125 bucks

#9 ·
I found one for 32 bucks on amazon. Is there a difference?

Is this not the same unit?

#10 ·
That all depends if you want the chrome or just plain. The performance is the same (loud). The one I got is chrome and a chrome cover. I like the shiny.

#12 ·
#13 ·
It's all a personal choice. Mine sounds like a freight train....oh yea and it's shiny.

#16 ·
I know with some motorcycles, not sure about the Vulcan, the horn switch is not capable of handling the extra power load of a lager horn and would eventually burn up if a relay was not used.

Anyone know the volt/amp capabilities of the horn switch?
I will also look in my service manual to see if it says.

#22 ·
I bought one of those highway blasters. After a while it started loosing it's loudness. Don't think it was water cause the opening was pointed down. This kit did come with a relay. It looks and sounds great. Like I said it's a personal choice.

#25 ·
Here is the unit I bought....
Amazon.com: Kuryakyn 7290 Super Deluxe Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn Kit: Automotive

It came with a relay.
The unit is plug-n-play.

Deciding where to mount it was the hardest part as it did not fit between the radiator and lower fairing on the frame downtube.

It is loud and I laughed when I honked at cars coming in my lane. People were a bit startled. I guess it did it's job!

#26 ·
#29 ·
I mounted it to the frame down tube. You can see the pics in the first posts. I get people ask what's that? Once I hit the button they just go wow!

#33 ·
The difference is price because of the Kuryakyn chrome cover not the extra wiring.

IMO...the horn doesn't look good without the Kury cover. The horn is meant for cars and who cares what it looks like under the hood...LOL

#35 ·
I know these are 4x the cost of the other solutions I've seen, but has anyone used these: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rivco-Products-Air-Horn-Chrome/dp/B000TK1U82/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1449612661&sr=8-13&keywords=motorcycle+air+horn[/ame]

If so... why are they $200????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.