Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Paint codes voyager

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Arpee 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I have searched the bike high and low for a label with its paint codes without success, I have even looked at colorite site but there doesnt seem to cover this beast, mine is a metallic grey, with Black that has some sort of blue fleck in it that you only see when the sun is on it.
Any one got any ideas

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I found both colors for my bike on Color Rite web site. I'm not sure if you have the same color as me but here are a couple pics. I could only find one of the touch up pens I got tho. The one pic is what pops up on their site for me.

Attachments

Reactions: Johnny
#3 ·
Thanks Dlars, no your colour is a darker grey than mine, I suspect mine is Titanium Grey

I found both colors on Color Rite web site. I'm not sure if you have the same color as me but here are a couple pics. I could only find one of the touch up pens I got tho

#5 ·
You have your bike listed as a 2010. If that is correct then the color you should have, and going by the pic you have posted it looks like it, then you have Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue and Metallic Moondust Gray. Color Rite has them listed as 19A for the blue and 25X for the gray. I have the same color and, yes, it does look black until the sun hits it, then turns blue. The blue is a tri-coat paint and it is extremely hard to color match those.

#6 · (Edited)
Now those colours descriptions sound familiar from when I bought it, not that it was ever called that again, lol, everywhere its mentioned on documentaion its grey & black lol.
Whilst inbought it april 2010 it was built in late december 2009, so i guess its actually a 2009, very confusing,

Dark color looks like black with a blue speckle in it and the grey is a metallic light grey, ive seen others where the grey is more golden and others where grey is darker, im going to get the colors scanned by a machine our panel shop has and see what they come up with :)
Do you have a picture of yours ???
Many thanks

Attachments

#8 ·
I don't have any good pics of mine, but here is what I can do

And a close up of the color

Hope that helps. :smile2:

Thanks so much, yep I think you are a match

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.