Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

vin# location on frame

28K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  wav6940 
#1 ·
im going to register my bike tomorrow and I need to know where the vin # is located stamped into the frame? my local dmv wont take the sticker with the vin on it,it has to be on the frame. I cant seem to find it.any help would be greatly appreciated.i have the 2011 voyager with abs.

#3 ·
I just registered a Valkyrie about a month ago and it was the stamped vin # they wanted.i finally found it on that bike. im sure they are going to want to see this one as well. they never ask about the engine number.the other bike had a sticker with a vin on it but that didn't make them happy.i had to produce the frame vin.

#5 ·
The VIN is stamped into the frame at the front of the steering head tube. turn the handlebars to the right and run your finger along the front of the tube, you will feel the stampings. Good luck trying to read it without removing the fairing.

#7 ·
yes, they actually go outside and look at it. if its not found they make you set up an appointment with the hyway patrol office and they will look for it. I had already set up an appointment when I found it on the Valkyrie and I then took it back to them and they then passed it all and gave me what I needed.Im trying not to go thru that again. im gonna take a flashlight and tell them to have at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.