Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Power Commander V Maps

140K views 543 replies 162 participants last post by  aasomek 
#1 ·
I want to start a new thread on offering maps for the PCV. The first on is set up for Cobra slip-ons plus a Thunder Air Kit. This forum set up won't let me attach a pvm file so I will have to email it to you. I find this map very satisfying for performance.:p

Reactions: jsyring88
#2 ·
johnasara@msn.com

I am also curious about how the software works if you could help me out. I am looking at getting this set up for my bike. I would just like more information before flopping over the cash

#3 ·
If you get a map done (or sent to you), you can pull the map out of the PC V and view/edit it on your computer. Then with a USB cable, send it to the PC V and run with that map. The numbers on the map table represent a percentage from original when you look at the table.

Keep in mind, the engine will still use the ECU programming for the fuel injection. The PC V is just an overlay to bump the fuel up or down as needed based on the tune. If you add the auto-tune, it will adjust automatically and you can then accept the changes and that will be edited for you onto the map.

#4 ·
Couldn't have said that better myself. But keep in mind that if you add a air filter kit you definitely should add a fuel modifier. I like the PCV.:p

#7 ·
I can't remember what I sent you. But I have a newer one since I started this thread.
I will need your email address to send it or both to you.
Very rearly do I get a backfire.

#9 ·
#8 ·
I have Vance & Hines slip ons with the Thunder air kit. I can't imagine that there would be all that much difference between the various mufflers, though these are a little louder than the Cobras which suggests less back pressure. At least your map should get me in the ballpark.
I would appreciate a copy of your map as well as any suggestions. My email address is co598@yahoo.com. Thanks!

#534 ·
I have Vance & Hines slip ons with the Thunder air kit. I can't imagine that there would be all that much difference between the various mufflers, though these are a little louder than the Cobras which suggests less back pressure. At least your map should get me in the ballpark.
I would appreciate a copy of your map as well as any suggestions. My email address is co598@yahoo.com. Thanks!
I'd like a copy of that map if I could too. I have 2010 kawi Voyager with PCV 17-006

#12 ·
Hi guys, does anyone have a map for stock air with vance and hines twin slash pipes for the voyager?
PCV is on the way and David has kindly provided some maps for me to try but I don't have an air kit, just the pipes.

If someone does have maps to suit my particular setup please reply and i will PM you my email.

Cheers all

#14 ·
I was wondring if the maps you guys have will work with a VN1700 Classic 2010. If so, I would like one for a Cobra Speedster system. Thanks
Well my maps are for Cobra slip-0ns and a air kit. Have you modified the air box any? If you have let me know. What map do you have now?

#18 ·
I have the stock map in it now.
Ok stock map. Is this the map you downloaded from DynoJet web page for a stock set up? If you haven't installed a map into the PCV then it has a default "zero" map.

#20 ·
Dealer

Here's the thing. I'm actually a dealer and my customer bought the PC-V from us and didnt want the auto-tune knowing at the time that there were no maps available. So now he is saying that the bike isn't running right and wants someone (dyno-jet or us) to do something about it. So I've called Dyno-jet a bunch of times with no success and the customer is getting mad at us for not providing him with the proper "answer." So I just need your guy's help to try and satisfy my customer. I need a map for Cobra exhausts and no airbox mods. I can only imagine that Cobra or Vance & Hines are pretty close to eachother for a full system, so if you don't have it for a Cobra maybe a V&H will do?

#21 ·
Here's the thing. I'm actually a dealer and my customer bought the PC-V from us and didn't want the auto-tune knowing at the time that there were no maps available. So now he is saying that the bike isn't running right and wants someone (dyno-jet or us) to do something about it. So I've called Dyno-jet a bunch of times with no success and the customer is getting mad at us for not providing him with the proper "answer." So I just need your guy's help to try and satisfy my customer. I need a map for Cobra exhausts and no airbox mods. I can only imagine that Cobra or Vance & Hines are pretty close to each other for a full system, so if you don't have it for a Cobra maybe a V&H will do?
OK raceblue, here's the problem I see that your customer has. The hesitation he has is for sure being too lean. Now he has the Cobra Speedster pipes which are different than mine of course. But they still do the same thing, to pass the gases easier.:D Even though he has a stock air box I believe I could send you a map that would be a lot better than what's in there now. Have I sent you any maps so far? If not, I will need your email address to send you a map.

#24 ·
I recently installed a PCV on my 2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad after adding Cobra Tri-Oval slip-on pipes and a K&N filter. The stock map caused a lot of popping on the decel and the mix was rich. I emailed Power Commader and they sent me a revised map the next day. The new map reduced my popping problem by 90% and the bike now runs way better than before. If anybody wants a copy of the map, please send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

#25 ·
PM sent to get a copy of your map. Thx.

#28 ·
PC? Do you mean Power Commander? They didn't send me one. I'm about to send you a couple.

#29 ·
Help Need Maps to try

Hello this is my first post. I have a Kawasaki 1700 classic I just had cobra long shots, powercommander v and k&n air filter. The bike ran alright with the stock map, but I brought it to a local dyno. Picked it up in a really bad ran storm yesterday and just test road today. It is so much worse everytime I get on the throttle it boggs right down. Supposed to do fathers day ride with my dad tomorrow but cant bike is running so bad. Hope someone sees this post I would appreciate any maps.

#31 ·
Hello this is my first post. I have a Kawasaki 1700 classic I just had cobra long shots, powercommander v and k&n air filter. The bike ran alright with the stock map, but I brought it to a local dyno. Picked it up in a really bad ran storm yesterday and just test road today. It is so much worse everytime I get on the throttle it boggs right down. Supposed to do fathers day ride with my dad tomorrow but cant bike is running so bad. Hope someone sees this post I would appreciate any maps.
Yes I can give you the map I'm useing. I have cobra slip-ons (which shouldn't matter) & a thunder air kit. You're welcome to it, works very good for me. You will have to send me your email address as this file can't be sent on this forum Mine is sheekd@bellsouth.net . Hurry and you can get this done today. :)

#34 · (Edited)
OK folks. I have a map I got from a guy on the other forum. Cobra Slip-ons and stock air filter. I put it in mine and she runs great. I have V&H Twin Slash slip-ons and stock filter.

I bought an Autotune too. Gotta get the exhaust pulled to get the bung welded in. Then I should be able to tweek for the V&H pipes.

#35 · (Edited)
Map comparisons

Thanks to David and Brucer I've been able to try out some maps and I thought I would post up images of the tables for people to compare, and also share my impressions.

I'm running a 2010 Voyager with V&H Twin slash slip-ons and stock air.

The first map (original map new.jpg) is an enhanced map for a stock Voyager that Dynotune put out earlier but seems to have taken off their site. Thanks to Dave for this one.

The second map which Brucer sent (new map 0%.jpg) is what he is using for Cobra slip-ons and stock air. It has fuel added to the 0% throttle column.

With my bike I notice much less popping (none on the test ride) with Brucer's map. Fuel mileage might be a little lower but this is only from a small test around the back roads. I did notice a strong fuel smell with Brucer's map that wasn't there with the original PCV map that Dave sent me.. not sure how i feel about this, time will tell.
Overall, both maps run great compared to stock. Definitely prefer Brucer's map because it seems to have solved the popping but the fuel smell might annoy me after a while, too early to tell yet I'll see how it goes over the next week.

Attachments

#36 ·
Thanks to David and Brucer I've been able to try out some maps and I thought I would post up images of the tables for people to compare, and also share my impressions.

I'm running a 2010 Voyager with V&H Twin slash slip-ons and stock air.

The first map (original map new.jpg) is an enhanced map for a stock Voyager that Dynotune put out earlier but seems to have taken off their site. Thanks to Dave for this one.

The second map which Brucer sent (new map 0%.jpg) is what he is using for Cobra slip-ons and stock air. It has fuel added to the 0% throttle column.

With my bike I notice much less popping (none on the test ride) with Brucer's map. Fuel mileage might be a little lower but this is only from a small test around the back roads. I did notice a strong fuel smell with Brucer's map that wasn't there with the original PCV map that Dave sent me.. not sure how i feel about this, time will tell.
Overall, both maps run great compared to stock. Definitely prefer Brucer's map because it seems to have solved the popping but the fuel smell might annoy me after a while, too early to tell yet I'll see how it goes over the next week.
I got that map from a guy in Kentucky. It was built using an Autotune in his area. I too noticed the fuel smell. Didn't smell as much after a good ride. I did notice a very slight hesitation just off idle so I took some fuel away from throttle position 2 and 5 @ 1250 RPM. I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping this helps a little. It may clear up the fuel smell too.

#38 ·
stevejack - I pulled 6 points out of the 2 and 5% throttle @ 1250 RPM. No fuel smell and the hesitation seems to have disappeared. Bike runs pretty good now. I went for a 50 mile ride and the MPG looks about the same. Pretty happy with it for now. The Autotune should be installed next week so I should be able to tweak the map just a bit more for my area.