Bluetooth Stereo Adapter? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Bluetooth Stereo Adapter?

Tomorrow I'm expecting delivery of a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Hemet Set that I will use when riding my 2009 Voyager. After installation into the helmet, I can pair it with my cell phone and/or GPS. What I'd also like to do is find a good Bluetooth Stereo Adapter to hook up with the plug in the left glove box. I know will have to buy the Kawasaki Accessory #K10400-041 "Audio Adapter" that is used to send the sound from the 3.5mm plug to the audio cable that connects to the helmet speakers. What I want to do is eliminate the cable to the helmet and connect to the stereo/radio via a bluetooth connection. What I will need is a Bluetooth Stereo Adapter that will connect the sound from the radio to the helmet. Has anybody done or tried this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM

Wireless Intercom System
I got a Cardo Scala Rider G4 powerset wireless intercom set for our helmets It has all the stuff that I wanted for about a third of the price for what the dealer wanted for all the cables, headset and whatever else you needed. The G4 intercom works great it has a build in FM radio with avc that is clearer than the voyagers! (We have poor radio transmission here in the valley sometimes there good other times there poor) so far the G4 works with out any problem I use it along with the voyager’s radio and it gives a unique sound. Its has bluetooth my cell phone is crystal clear
Sony makes a wireless bluetooh transmitter I use for my I- pod. I just set what music I want to listen to or let my wife pick the music as we go just put the I-pod in a pocket and let it play so far my I-pod lasts over eight hours (It works with both helmets also)
If there is a bluetooth adaptor for the voyager’s radio the G4 system it would be perfect.

JR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 PM

The cable you are talking about K10400-041 is an mp3 input to the "aux audio in" just like the ipod adapter. If you are adding a bluetooth adapter receiver you can play the radio from your helmet system to the voyager audio system. If your trying to go from the voyager audio system to your bluetooth, you may have to get the cable to play from the audio speakers to headphones kit and find a bluetooth transmitter to hook it to. I think that you could actually turn off the speakers with the headphone adapter cable if you wanted to.

2009 Vulcan Voyager 1700
Bun Burner 1500 miles in 36 hours
Iron Butt #37237
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode