Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Ignition switch broken, 5 wire.

97K views 129 replies 17 participants last post by  CRU 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan en500/ While doing some detailing I broke the ignition switch. I need the bike to run to get it moved to a friend's garage. Can anyone tell me the wiring diagram? I have blue, white, grey, red and brown.
Thanks.

#54 ·
kherewego, please start a new subject post so we don't get confused here.

Ty, if the fuel pump is not coming on when the switch is turned on, it is an indication there may not be power going to it as it uses the same power supply feed as the ignition coils. With half battery voltage the fuel pump will not run. Did you do any rewiring of the ignition switch? At the ignition switch there is a brown wire. With the switch on what is the voltage on the brown wire?

#56 ·
Thanks for helping . Yes i rewired the key switch all the wires were melted also .Only thing it has 6 spots for wire to be soldied onto but there only 5 wires so i may of not got it right .So last night i took it back apart but confused a bit on witch wire go where any ideal .Thank you .

#92 ·
I bought this bike used .The last owner told me nothing about the burned or melted wires .So like a few days later i rode it & noticed that i had no head or tail light > so i pulled the seat & checked fuses found 1 fuse bad so i replace it & still no lights .So i pulled the head light the bulb was still good .So i pulled the gas tank to see if i could find a bad wire .And the wiring harness was bad when i bought it because they had taken electric tape & put on the bare wires all over the burned or melted wires .I ordered a used good wire harness off e bay . Let me back up it still was running but was running ruff & and would back fire .So i had spark then . But now with the new used harness after it was installed by myself I have no spark .Thank u

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.