Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

En500 96' Hanlebar Dimension?

948 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jakamanstyle 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys, i recently bought a 96' en500(chain drive) and i was kinda unhappy with the handlebar grips so i went on ebay and bought me a pair of grips, when it arrived, of course when i removed the old ones i destroyed them in the process, but here's whats weird:
the left grip went just fine (with a bit of force) but the throttle grip did not fit!
so i asked around, and somebody told me that the handlebar's dimension in this model is different in the right and left side grips, is this true? what are the dimensions of the handlebar on my model?

the second thing is i also did some digging around for some grips that will surely fit, and even went and called Kawasaki's importer here in israel and they said that i wont find grips that will fit here in Israel, so my question is can someone point me to a link/site where i can purchase some nice grips that will fit my model?
thanks and have a nice day!

#2 ·
Hi meydanb, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

I too purchased 1" grips on ebay for my '91. My throttle tube has little raised lines running down it which I had to file down before these grips would fit.

They aren't different sizes on each side. Any 1" grips should fit but due to the style of throttle tube, you may have to also file down these grooves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.