Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Revving while idling/no throttle

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Knobach42 
#1 ·
Finally got everything working on my 94. Starts right up, but it idles up and down by itself. I think maybe the carb is drawing air from somewhere, but haven't found a leak yet. Any suggestions? I have a small hole in the air box. Could the additional air being pulled though there be causing the issue?

#3 ·
Vacuum leaks on the carb?.. Wouldn't it suck in soapy water if I did that?

There is one hole below the filter that used to be capped, but isn't any longer, and then another very small hole toward the front of the air box in the front.

Someone suggested testing the carb itself by spraying starter fluid or carb cleaner directly at the carb

#8 ·
Well.. I figured out the problem and it wasn't the air box. Had some issues with the throttle cable being too tight, and the idle mixture screw being in too tight. It runs fine for right now without plugging those holes. The larger rear one serves pretty well if I flood it. All the flooded fuel flows out of that hole. Not sure if it's intended to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.