Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tail lights and running lights keep blowing fuses

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  redfish 
#1 ·
Have replaced 10a fuse 3 times for no running lights or brake lights, don't see any chafed wires or visible shorts, any suggestions? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
All turn signals, brake light, tail light have bullet style connectors you could disconnect from the main harness to isolate which light is blowing the fuse. Front turn signal/running lights are connected in the head light housing. Rear turn signals and brake lights are connected under the seat, (if I remember correctly and not confusing my Honda and Kawasaki bikes). In any case, the point is to disconnect the lights where ever they connect to the main harness in order to isolate the short that is blowing the fuse.

#3 ·
Had the same problem a while back. I had replaced the tail/stop lights with brighter ones, 2397 or 2597(s), forgot which, checked em and everything worked fine. For a while. One day no lights, blown fuse, replaced, blew again. What changed? New bulbs. Turns out one of the brand new bulbs (Phillips) was blowing fuses. Visually, it looked fine, but wasn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.