engine guards on a custom - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
engine guards on a custom

Hey all,

I am waiting to take delivery on my "new-to-me" 07 900 custom and I was wondering if anyone has pics of their custom with engine guards. I am trying to decide if I like the look or not. If you have pics could you post them up and tell me what brand they are?

thanks,
truckie453

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Top Contributor

Like the looks or not, you will LOVE them the first time you find your bike over on it's side. They have blacked out ones listed for the 2010 SE if you want them to be more invisible.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
Like the looks or not, you will LOVE them the first time you find your bike over on it's side. They have blacked out ones listed for the 2010 SE if you want them to be more invisible.
I saw the black ones... the look pretty cool. Actually I think I am going to go the black out route on my 07... it is the red though so I'll have to see how it looks... thanks for the tip.

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 02:12 PM

I was choosing the "right" set of crash bars over the past few weeks. After much thinking and looking, I got the OEM type about two weeks ago.

I personally like the looks. The Cobras seem too round to me, the MC Enterprises too big (too tall). The OEMs have the right amount of curvature and blend with the bike perfectly.

If you want them to be even more invisble, go for the black version. I do not like anything flashy but the chromes are just right for the overall looks, but then again -- we are talking looks and aesthetics, so everyone's opinion is probably rather different.

There are a few comprehensive crash bars threads on this forum with a lot of pictures and opinions already. Check them out.

'07 Vulcan 900 Custom, Candy Fire Red
'05 Suzuki DR-Z 400s
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM

MC

Here is the MC on a Custom. A little more squared off look in comparison to Cobra. Easy install just be aware an OEM light bar would interfere if you are thinking about one.

[IMG][/IMG]

John
2007 900 Custom
Plasma Blue
Oxford, MI
VROC 25948
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM

I have the "Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts" guards on my Custom, here are some pics:

Darkside 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom debadged
Metallic Diablo Black
HK 2 into 1 Sideburner
Baron's BAK
Cobra fi2000r EFI Tuner
Cobra Short Sissybar
Scootworks Front Pulley
GenMar Risers
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecruiser View Post
Here is the MC on a Custom. A little more squared off look in comparison to Cobra. Easy install just be aware an OEM light bar would interfere if you are thinking about one.

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks Blue, looks good. My brother has the cobra bars on his classic, it is nice to see a set on a custom.

Can you tell me how the bars attach up top? I know the bottom mounts to holes in the frame, is the top attached via supplied clamps?

Thanks,
truckie453

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
aaron,

Great looking bike, I actually wanted a black custom, but I ended up with a used red custom.

Are those 2 separate parts or one piece?

Thanks,
truckie453

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5140 View Post
I have the "Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts" guards on my Custom, here are some pics:

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Thanks!

They are 2 separate pieces, they bolt to the controls at the bottom and clamp to the frame at the top, surprisingly they are very sturdy. I am happy with them.

Darkside 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom debadged
Metallic Diablo Black
HK 2 into 1 Sideburner
Baron's BAK
Cobra fi2000r EFI Tuner
Cobra Short Sissybar
Scootworks Front Pulley
GenMar Risers
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 AM

MC Engine Guard

The MC Engine Guard bolts into the frame at the top. Very simple install.

You do have to relocate the horn since it uses those holes. I changed the horn out to a Fiamme AM80 for more volume.

[IMG][/IMG]

John
2007 900 Custom
Plasma Blue
Oxford, MI
VROC 25948
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode