Buffles removed and popping on decel Need Dobeck or Cobra FI2000R - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 64
Question Buffles removed and popping on decel Need Dobeck or Cobra FI2000R

I have a Vulcan Custom 900 SE and I need to know which one does a better job.
Any help would be apperciated. Thank you.
diamondhill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Collinba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 69
Garage
Actually what you need to do first is marble. Lot's of threads on this forum on how to go about it. Only took me about 5 minutes and almost eliminated the popping. Still some but not much and marbling is free.

2010 Classic LT
Collinba is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
BOTM Winner, December 2013
 
big worm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: prince edward island canada
Posts: 1,172
actually you dont even need to marble.... first make sure the idle is set at a minimum of 950rpm, second make sure the throttle cables have the proper amount of slack in them and third when decellerating close throttle all the way... as having the throttle twisted even enough to take up the slack will make it pop...

VN 900 custom "Cheapo-Glide"
Reckless (clone of) fairing
Sony dsx-s100 stereo
Pioneer (for now) 6X9 2-way speakers
Flh hardbags
Mustang "daytripper" seat
Rear lowered 2"
Cobra powerpro HP 2-1
PCIII
Homemade intake with K&N filter
big worm is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 77
x2 on marbling.................worked for me
rick50 is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM
BOTM Winner, April 2014
 
Steammaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 786
putting the baffles back in will help too. Modify them if you want.
I feel I have to have baffles in my Meany or it doesn't sound good.

'03 MEANSTREAK
Steammaker is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinba View Post
Actually what you need to do first is marble. Lot's of threads on this forum on how to go about it. Only took me about 5 minutes and almost eliminated the popping. Still some but not much and marbling is free.
Thank you all for the marble ideea. I will try that first but how do you do a search on the subject for the VN900? This is not easy to navigate.
Also, Electronic Jet kit sells the Gen 3 digital box with 6 settings for $250. Does any of you have any input on this compared with Dobeck 4 pot box for $170 on Amazon?
I am asking because I intend to get a K&N air filter or box with a larger filter in the future.
diamondhill is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondhill View Post
Thank you all for the marble ideea. I will try that first but how do you do a search on the subject for the VN900? This is not easy to navigate.
Also, Electronic Jet kit sells the Gen 3 digital box with 6 settings for $250. Does any of you have any input on this compared with Dobeck 4 pot box for $170 on Amazon?
I am asking because I intend to get a K&N air filter or box with a larger filter in the future.
I would go with the Dobeck unit simply because they've been in the business for years and have their hand in the previous Power Commander fuel processors and now the Cobra Powrpro 2000. It's a simple unit that adds fuel and has a course adjustment.
The marble install is plugging a hose that originates in the back of the air cleaner and goes up to a solenoid valve near the backbone of the frame. Don't plug the hose that goes to the engine case because you'll blow out every seal keeping oil in the engine.

Last edited by Sojourner; 12-18-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Sojourner is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 64
OK, I got the ideea and I will let you know how it works.
The other question is how do I remove the stock air filter to replace with the K&N?
diamondhill is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
I would go with the Dobeck unit simply because they've been in the business for years and have their hand in the previous Power Commander fuel processors and now the Cobra Powrpro 2000. It's a simple unit that adds fuel and has a course adjustment.
The marble install is plugging a hose that originates in the back of the air cleaner and goes up to a solenoid valve near the backbone of the frame. Don't plug the hose that goes to the engine case because you'll blow out every seal keeping oil in the engine.
I called Dobeck yesterday asking about the 4 pot unit and I was surprised when the cust serv guy recomended EJK 912-0275 for my bike. I think it is the same company now or this is their newer product of Dobeck because they call this new all digital box Generation 3 with 6 functions and it is described on their website. And yes, I would go with the regular 4 pot unit. Do you have this one? TIA
diamondhill is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL.
Posts: 64
Sojourner, I do not want to start the engine before I know for sure that this is the hose I was supposed to plug. Thank you
diamondhill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome