Why so popular - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Best bike in its class (I test rode all of them), and one of the best value bikes around in terms of buying, running and maintaining. A good looking, decent handling bike with zero issues (I consider the stator a maintenance item). And it's not a bike you ever feel 'inadequate' on, if that matters to you.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor
After reading all this I have to also agree with this list, I bought mine for the shear fact of it's look and when I sat on it I could put my feet flat on the ground.
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I agree with all the above I love My bike

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic - Black
Britt Signature Series drag pipes -Chrome
Debadged and reflectors removed
Cobra Alt. cover
Cobra rear master cylinder cover Chrome
Ness Tear Drop Mirrors
Cobra Vulcan Brake reservior cover chrome
Chrome Horn Cover
Ferro Industries Chrome Radiator Cover
Ness Big Sucker
Cobra FI 2000 Fuel Processor 4-2-0
Throttle plate Mod
Galfer Braided Lines Front & Rear
Barons Rad Kaw Drag bars
Saddlemen Renegade Delux Solo Seat
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Lifetime Premium
+1 with all the lists. What I have found is the 900 is a great platform to customize from no matter your personal taste. This bike can take on many different looks.....
Light touring
Full touring (i.e. fairing, trunk, hard saddlebags)

It's versatile.... and on this forum I think we have seen them all....

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
What they said! It's all good!
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Lifetime Premium
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
The Vulcan 900 is the epitome is 'one size fits all'. It's a bike that really can do just about anything, at least halfway. It can tour across the country for thousands of miles with trailer in tow, it can cram along urban streets and fight traffic, it can carve up corners. It can't do the long haul like a goldwing or the urban streets like a scooter or the corners like a sportbike, but it does an excellent job of being a capable bike in any situation, even if it's not the best bike for the situation.

It's also, in my mind, the PERFECT beginners bike. This was my first bike. It's a bike that was tame and easy, and I could learn on. But, not, I can and have taken it all around the state, and neighboring states, on trips lasting hundreds of miles. A big fuel tank, decent size to the bike, and great fuel economy makes it an excellent tourer. With hard bags and a trunk, the wife and I have taken this bad boy all over the place. We've packed for weeks onto the bike, including laptop, DSLR Camera, enough clothes to not have to do laundry once, and rode interstates, back roads, and everything in between on the way to our various destinations. Not many bikes can do that, do it comfortably, and STILL be something a new rider can learn on.
plus 1 .... while it is not a bike that does all things great, it does however, do most things well

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said

2009 Classic LT Bagger... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer.

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 AM
When choosing the Vulcan 900, did anyone compare it to the Yamaha Star 950? You give up water cooling, but you gain 50cc. Just wondering because I am shopping for this size bike.
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Lifetime Premium
I don't think the few cc of gain (and, maybe 2-3hp???) is worth the extra heat and risk of engine damage (although there is less maintenance). Bottom line, though, is try them both and get the one that feels like the better fit for you.

2008 VN900 Custom
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Top Contributor
Originally Posted by seniorbiker View Post
When choosing the Vulcan 900, did anyone compare it to the Yamaha Star 950? You give up water cooling, but you gain 50cc. Just wondering because I am shopping for this size bike.
What are they actual CC's of the bikes? Most companies tend to round them. Like a 1600 kaw is actually 1552. The V2K is the only exception that I have seen. It is 2053 and they rounded it down to 2000.

The 900 is 903 and the 950 Yamaha is 942 so that is only 39 cc's difference.

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I did compare the VN 900 Classic LT and other Vulcans to the Vstar 950. I liked the Yamaha a lot, nice bike. I liked the Vulcan more. It won on looks, riding, price, mechanics and comfort. The Vstar won on fuel economy. I think for me the saddlebags cinched it.

2010 Vulcan 900 Classic LT, 2007 SeaRay 185, nine children, one wife.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode