Another good thing about the VN900 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
I agree Fawlty. Talking mileage from the tank is one of my favourite topics when I'm out with my mates, who ride Harleys. I always bring it up ....
What part of the country you from ?
Down in Tassie - Hobart to be exact. It's nice not having to worry about filling up every time you go for a spin.

2008 VN900 Vulcan Classic
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Top Contributor

I might try the gauge fix this winter. The light works fine but my gauge shows empty after about 50 miles; totally useless.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawlty99 View Post
Down in Tassie - Hobart to be exact. It's nice not having to worry about filling up every time you go for a spin.
yep, been there on the bike - but not this bike, another bike I had prior to this bike ....
Loved it. Loved the bike and loved riding Tasmania.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaVulcan View Post
I agree, the Vulcan 900's get great gas mileage! I usually get between 45-50mpg on a tank; once in awhile it'll dip down to 40mpg when I'm rolling on the throttle way too much. I have a friend who has a Suzuki Boulevard M50 and he's constantly stopping to fill it up. Besides only having a 4+ gallon tank, I don't think he gets great mileage either. All I know is I always ask him if he has a full tank before we head out.
Rode to Mount Lemmon on Sunday afternoon and just filled up yesterday. My trip odometer was at 187 miles and the low fuel light STILL hadn't come on yet. I put 3.4gal in the tank and I'm no math major but that means I still had 1.9gal left in the tank. That tank worked out awesome. Averaged out to 54.2mpg on that particular tank.

2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
Tucson, AZ

http://crzydjm.wordpress.com
crzydjm AT gmail DOT com
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Top Contributor

I almost always get to around 190 miles before I see the light come. Been thinking about filling a can with a quart or so of gas and running it all the way out just to see the range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode