Shark Stereo System for Vulcan 900 Classic LT - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
The amp is not waterproof but the speakers are.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Top Contributor
Originally Posted by aencsr View Post
I also was woundering about an external antenna,setup ,to help with signal pick up.I think mine had a plug for it. How do you recall info on an ext ant purchase?
Both of mine have wire type antennas. I run them down the front fork, no issues picking up 30+ radio channels here in central TX.

I keep a quart sized plastic bag and a rubber band in case it rains and for washing.

1SG, USA (Retired)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I've got the Shark SHKMRC3080DBC-k 250w motorcycle snowmobile audio system W ' 3" speakers (shkr3080a-k , shkr3080b-k). Now lists for $99.00 came down in price. I have no complaints with the system. It's not premium (very plasticky) but at that price I wasn't expecting it to be. (I like plastic...low mtce) It's got plenty of braun for my 08 VN900LT. Speakers mounted on the mirrors, power amp under the seat, music player on the bars along with the remote. I wanted this remote turns on and off the system. When off the system draws 3 mA...very little. I find it to be plenty loud at all speeds. The system looks great and totally waterproof on the speakers & remote (though I re-inforced it). The power amp is not. For $99 bucks...I!

I too have found the radio reception less then desirable, however, I use the one on my player.

Note - I do find that during swelting hot days, the under seat amp setup can get pretty warm on the posterior.

Quality of received items with shipping is another thing...seems to be luck of the draw.

The speakers come with a direct connection...should you buy one of these, keep the wires tied up till after the mounting is complete otherwise it's easy to step on the wire and lose grip of the speaker! Cover your tank when mounting!!!

Last edited by Denis; 11-28-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode