Question about Ceramic Coating on Exhaust - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
My Vulcan came from a salvage pool. Some one lost control at 3,400miles. It was a 2009 but I had to change the frame and 06-09 frames where tooooo much, so now I have a 2005 meanstreak (05 frame = title that says 2005 for). I learned alot about Meanstreaks when I had to take it all apart, oh and put it togather again. Never ever ground out your cobra power leed. It will trash the CPU.

Question, does anyone know of a machine shop that can straighten a inverted fork tube?
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by ksblaster View Post
I often wonder about nit-pickers ( I used to be one ) because my dad was a museum curator, not. He would tinker-tinker on something then sell it. When I was about 12yo I spouted off to him (while he was driving his 1964 Oldsmobile 98, which he had just traded his perfectly good Oldsmobile super 88 for). I said "why don't you just buy a mercedes and you won't have to trade cars all of the time". He never answered me.

Leave the Vulcan alone, good G_D it friggin flies as is.
He was likely biting his tongue and counting to 10 to hold back the urge to smack you, lol…. It sounds like your dad got just as much enjoyment out of tinkering and modifying things as he did driving them. I suspect even if he bought the Mercedes, he would still be looking for ways to personalize it or improve performance.

If everyone wanted the same motorcycle and cars with stock performance there would be no billion dollar aftermarket performance industry. The fact that one exists tells you that most people like to personalize whatever it is that they ride. This doesn't mean you have to join the parade. If you’re happy with the way your ride rolled out of the dealer’s showroom consider yourself lucky. I would venture to say you are in the minority though……..

Custom Concepts Performance
Coatings & Components

19330 Mt. Elliott
Detroit, MI 48234

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode