More than stage 3 debaffle - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

More than stage 3 debaffle

I have drilled holes in rear plate and punch out screen in center.Sounds better but not what I realy want.Has any one tryed to drill some holes in inside plate where baffle connects in front of cat.If so did it give a deeper sound or just get loader?I know if I take baffle out it will get loader. I am trying to get deeper sound without spending $500 on it. I did this on a 800 back in 96 and it sounded good.But it has a different muffler I think.If no one has done this I will just have to be the test for it.Thanks for any in put.
Davego 2008 900 lt. tampa fl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM

do a search here..........it's been done literally hundreds of times. Some like it, others move on to custom pipes.

you can do a search on you tube as well.........kawasaki vulcan 900 full debaffle..........and you will get several returns from that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Cutting the end out of the baffle makes it deeper and louder than just drilling holes. But really gives it more "crack", not as deep, when accelerating. Personally I wish I'd stopped at "drilling 4 1/2" holes" instead of the "full debaffle" on mine. The tone was deep enough and acceleration sounded more mellow. Ultimately I pick up a set of Cobra Dragsters (used) for $250 and not only like the sound, their isn't as much "popping" and they LOOK far better, IMHO.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Pulling the baffle out will make it MUCH deeper without being all that much louder.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Yesterday I finished debaffling my wifes 2011 900. Sounds great and she loves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode