GoPro Hero2 camera test Ride - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

GoPro Hero2 camera test Ride

Here's a test run of my new camera. Terrible wind noise but I think the picture looks good. For those wondering what debaffled pipes sound like, or the Shark radio, it provides fairly accurate sound (slightly muffled from the protective case).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32RP...ature=youtu.be

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)

Last edited by KenDawg; 10-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Very cool!

Hey, got a link to those speakers?

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Very cool!

Hey, got a link to those speakers?
Here you go.

http://www.motorcycletunes.com/prodd...=MT-4S&cat=221

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Top Contributor

Nice video, KenDawg. The GoPro Hero has great audio. The debaffled pipes sound great, too. Nice to see blue sky and green grass...been pretty dreary and cloudy lately up here in the northland. Thanks for sharing!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Nice video, thanks for sharing! A chest harness will knock out most, if not all, of that wind noise at speed. Great video though! The pipes and the radio both sound awesome.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
So Ken would you say that sounds pretty good on the highway?

I've been back and forth on whether or not I wanted a fairing audio system or to beef up my handlebar mounted setup. So I'm always trying to see new stuff!

The shark speakers I have (600W kit) work 'ok' as long as you have the bass turned all the way down on whatever audio source you're using. But I'd like more sound!

I'd also like a go pro! I always thought it would be fun to do the 'motorcycle vlogging'. Not sure anyone would wanna watch me ride my 900 around but it would be fun to do nonetheless!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Romans5.8,

The speakers sound great up to about 55 mph. I can listen to the music up to around 70-75, but then wind noise starts to interfere some. A lot depends on direction. The radio will go loud enough, but above 28 distortion sets in. Not sure if it's distorting at loud volume due to the lack of radio power, or the speakers.

If I had the cash Id go fairing with 6x9's. If that seems a bit much, the speaker upgrade is a good idea. Regardless, these sound much better than the Shark speakers. I can get the bass I was missing, with crisp sound at a higher volume.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yeah I keep going back and forth. The real issue is, I'm not sure if I want all of that wind protection. I kind of like the 'wide open' look, and the wind protection of a windshield is just right. I don't feel like a sail, I can easily lean back and ride one handed and ride for hours and hours without fatigue, but I'm also still enjoying the wind and the cooling air in the summer!

I really want something that is interstate capable though. Those speakers seem like, with a stronger amp, might actually drive it. I don't use my stereo much in the lower speeds, but it's nice for interstate drones!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Romans5.8,

I listened to that radio nonstop from Killeen, TX to Ft Carson, Co. both ways in June. I have no complaints. Average speed 65-70 mph. (804 miles each way). They do the job well.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Maybe I'll look in to those then!

I was thinking about going with those along with some Hog Tunes speakers attached to my tour-pak, we'll see how it works out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode