Mutazu RS Hardbags? - Page 5 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM

I'm looking at getting the RS bags in a few months. I've heard they are kinda flimsy. Has anyone tried layering some fiberglass inside to stiffen them up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Wiring Issue

OK Fellas/Gals

I got the wires ran for running/brake lights. Brake lights work great
Running lights Inop (yes, I am hooked to the red wire). Any ideas

KD

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)

Last edited by KenDawg; 11-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDawg View Post
OK fellas,
I got the wires ran for running/brake lights. Brake lights work great
Running lights Inop (yes, I am hooked to the red wire). Any ideas

KD
Ken, have you put a volt meter to one of the saddlebag lights to see if you have juice? Since I have not seen these lights, can you measure from the socket? At least you'll know how far back the problem maybe. I have tested wiring using a safety pin as a probe through the insulation and easy to seal back up. But, you'll need to start working from where you tapped the power forward. Good luck and let us know what you find. Russ

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
Ken, have you put a volt meter to one of the saddlebag lights to see if you have juice? Russ
Russ,

Yes, I have juice. Regular bike lights work fine. I am tapped into the electrical cable right near the connector under the seat. I switched the wires to the turn signals, they don't work there either.

I did a search via the internet. It seems I am not the first to become frustrated with this issue. Others found they can have running lights, or brake lights, or turn signals, but for some reason some folks cannot have 2 of the 3.

I am sure the lights are not designed to work this way. I read where another guy replaced the LED's with standard lights and got them working fine. I'd really like to find a fix.

Ken

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDawg View Post
Russ,

Yes, I have juice. Regular bike lights work fine. I am tapped into the electrical cable right near the connector under the seat. I switched the wires to the turn signals, they don't work there either.

I did a search via the internet. It seems I am not the first to become frustrated with this issue. Others found they can have running lights, or brake lights, or turn signals, but for some reason some folks cannot have 2 of the 3.

I am sure the lights are not designed to work this way. I read where another guy replaced the LED's with standard lights and got them working fine. I'd really like to find a fix.

Ken
Sounds like they are single poled lights. Unless they're duel posts I can't see them running tail and brake, which is what I would want as well. Looking at your pics it looks like there are 3 wires which would tell me its set up for brake and tail. Looking forward to seeing what you find out? Have you asked Mutazu?

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 AM

Just installed my new Matazu MU! Wiring went well with my new soldering iron and some encouragement for Romans!! Went with brake and run. and moved my tool kit! Love the new bag's and thanks to you all for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	017 (640x480).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	14096   Click image for larger version

Name:	008 (640x480).jpg
Views:	268
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	14097   Click image for larger version

Name:	016 (640x480).jpg
Views:	199
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	14098  

Last edited by tang56; 11-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang56 View Post
Just installed my new Matazu MU! Wiring went well with my new soldering iron and some encouragement for Romans!! Went with brake and run. and moved my tool kit! Love the new bag's and thanks to you all for the help!
Looking good Tang! Hoping to save up some change ($) and take the plunge with the Matazu too!
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang56 View Post
Looks good!

Always nice to see a nice, clean installation, and one that can be de-soldered should you ever remove those bags, without affecting the integrity of the stock wiring!

Mutazu sells lights for the HL bags, been toying with the idea of putting them on, dunno though.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Update from Mutazu

I have an answer from Mutazu on the RS hardbag lights. They are indeed single purpose lights. You can have signals, or brakes, or running lights, but not in combination. The email did say they have heard of folks getting an electrician to get the LED's to work in combination, but they don't know how to do it, and haven't seen it done. So....Brake lights it is

K Bedwell

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Top Contributor

on the topic of Mutazu Bags. Has anyone on here ordered them painted silver. I was wondering how close it was to the "Atomic Silver" Kawasaki Uses?

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode