Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Ebay Risers

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  crazyriderguy 
#1 ·
Looking for 1" risers to replace the barons 2.5" pull back risers on my 900. The PO thought mini apes and pull back risers work together. Well, not for me! Anyways, I need OEM spec risers so I can use a 12" ape hanger bar. Bike came with extended cables; so, that's not an issue.

I've been prowling around Ebay and like the 1" spike risers. For one, they are much cheaper than any of the name brands and they would match the spiked Avon grips. So, my concern is quality. Compared to the more expensive risers, is there anything about the cheaper ones I should be worried about?

These are the risers I'd like to get: XH Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic Custom CHROME 1''inch Spike Handlebar Risers | eBay.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Compared to the more expensive risers, is there anything about the cheaper ones I should be worried about?
I know it's a hassle, CRG, but I'd get'em...open the packaging very carefully and hold onto all packaging for return purposes...then compare'em to my current risers quality.

If they don't have the weight and structural integrity..feel "pot metal-ish"..then back to the seller they go.

You may have just stumbled on a good deal that...if pass your inspection...could save some other folks here some money on some good lookin' risers.

#6 ·
Hey Buskman, I noticed you have a CBG as your avatar. Do you play?
You have a trained eye, my friend...meaning your either build, play, or both :good:

Yessir...I do. You? ...I can see an "Off Topic Lounge" thread comin' on.. :good:

#4 ·
Be sure to update, these a place here in Canada that also sell them. I may pick up a set if they are any good.

#5 ·
Yes and look at what you get.
The last set of aftermarket risers I bought, I had to run down to the hardware store for some longer bolts to tighten down the bars correctly. Just sayin'

#10 ·
If a thread is gonna go off-topic like that - it's not often in such a toe-tappin all around good time direction. Thanks for that clip Buskman... I learned what a CBG is today, and enjoyed doing so.

#13 ·
Glad you enjoyed it, Peg!

First...Thank CRG...cuz...it's all his fault!!! :laugh2:

And two...ya'spose if I post a thread about risers in The Lounge...equaling everything out...that Management will be soothed and won't kick CRG and I out??? :grin2:

And three'dly...THANK YOU to all members and lurkers past, present, and future for briefly putting up with such nonsense whilst researching risers for your Vulcans...here in the Great Halls we affectionately refer to as...The Forums.

And now..we return you to your regularly scheduled program.. "Finding Great Risers for Your Vulcan...at Minimal Cost" :serious:

#18 ·
...The spike is pointy sharp!
Well...I don't know'bout anyone else up in here...but...dat's da'Deal Maker right'der, yo..

Thanks for the update CRG!

Post pics when'ya can, my friend :good:

#20 ·
MAaan, Dogg!...you weren't kiddin'bout them things being "Pointy Sharp"...

...Those things look like they could fetch their own supper if you got'em mad enough...:serious:

#21 · (Edited)
They'll at least stop ya from flying over the handlebars. AKA, chest brakes!

I'm not sure about them yet. I didn't get to ride at all yesterday and the weekend is full of rain. I didn't think it'd be a problem having hex head bolts. $40 later for hex bits and the job was easier. However, one of the bolt holes for the caps might be stripped. It tightened so far and then freed up. The TT bolts were way too long. Most likely used for multiple applications.

On the bright side, the seller got them to me 1 day before expected delivery from the west coast to Kansas via USPS.

Time will tell how well they hold up.

#24 ·
They seem to be holding up so far. The front mounting hole on one has started to strip. May end up dropping heli coils in later on.

The bolts are quite stiff when tightening. The tt mounting bolt was too long. Still works, but the time it took to get them tight was crazy. Had to buy hex tips for the 3/8 ratchet. No way an allen wrench would suffice alone.

I like the look. Ive seen other people check them out.

Time will tell if they last or not.

#23 ·
I bought a set of standard height risers to replace the Custom welded "T" bar and when they arrived the bolts were 2mm larger than the stock size. They were Chinese and while not finished as well as one might find perfect the chrome appeared OK.

I however did not use them but felt they would be more than strong enough, just didn't feel like drilling the holes in the tree larger. Instead bought a set off a 1600 which are probably the same as stock Classic ones or near enough so for my purpose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.