Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

First 100 mile day

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Hendrix302 
#1 ·
So I went out to and made a 100 plus ride on my 900. First one on this bike. I made a couple stops along the way. By the time I made it back home, my @$$ was screaming. I've seen a lot of comments about the stock seat and was wondering what the best aftermarket would be that dose not break the bank.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on that 100+ mile ride, Hendricks302!

By the time I made it back home, my @$$ was screaming.
Consider yourself... initiated!!!

Your patch ceremony will be next Friday, my friend. :good:

Reactions: Hayes21
#5 ·
Congrats on your 100 mile ride! I upgraded to the Kaw gel seat on my '08 900LT shortly after buying the bike for the same reason. It's a real shame that Kawi puts that seat on such a fine motorcycle. I went with the Kawi get seat after finding one online for under $150 at a Kawi dealer back east. It turns out it was ordered and never picked up so I benefited. It helped alot, but still wasn't perfect. The addition of an Airhawk for real long trips fixed it all.

Reactions: Hayes21
#8 ·
Inflatable seat cushion. Good quality, mediocre attachment straps, completely adjustable pressure. As for aftermarket seats, there is a veritable cornucopia available and everyone has an opinion about them. IMHO, Mustang or Saddleman...

#9 ·
Air hawk is a seat pad you inflate to relieve pressure points and cool off your bum. I've read great things and not so great. I think it depends on the air pressure you use. I had a sheepskin laying around so I'm trying that first but Airhawk is my next try as I might upgrade to a Nomad soon so don't want to spend a lot on a new seat for my current. Did a couple rides with the sheepskin in December seemed to help a lot but it might be to hot come summer riding time. We will see. Congrats on your 100 mile day and safe riding.

#10 ·
I have a Mustang seat with driver backrest that I got used ( looked like new) for $300 added a gel pad and now can ride all day long if I want too.

Have tried the Air Hawk but wasn't to happy with it. To much fiddling to get just the right amount of air in it.

#12 ·
mustang day tripper. Rode the other day for over six hours with no problems. You may look in this sites classifieds you may find one.

#13 ·
I took a 120 mile (one way) ride on the stock seat and it wasn't to bad. The trip home was murder. I tried the Air Hawk to no avail on my next trip to the same location. I tried beads and lamb wool too, to no avail. I finally broke down and got a Ultimate Motorcycle Seat. I gave it a real test and rode a 420 mile loop. The seat was awesome the whole trip.

The only issue I had with the seat was if I let it sit in the sun on a 95 degree day. It got too soft and I got a little bit of a monkey butt on the last 100 miles or so of the 420 mile loop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.