Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Will the OEM backrest work with Mustang DayTripper seat?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  8997mikeh 
#1 ·
Simple enough question.
Will the OEM backrest fit with Mustang DayTripper seat on a 900 Custom?

#3 ·
Thanks for that BPF129.
I have never seen the OEM seat as the bike had the Mustang when I got it.
I have a possible Kawasaki backrest available to me, and I was not sure if it would fit and I did not want to get it, and then have it not fit.

#4 ·
Well, 2 things, the mustang seat doesn't change anything for where the backrest is placed. The backrest gets bolted to the rear fender, and the seat still has the ability to come up. And 2, if you can wait a month for the backrest, I can show you exactly how it looks with both the mustang seat and the stock seat since I have both (I only use the mustang now, the stock is for sale) plus I got the backrest for Christmas and will be putting it on when I get the bike out of storage lol

If you don't like the looks with the mustang seat....you could buy my stock seat lol

#7 ·
The answer is sort of. I have both the Mustang Daytripper and Kawasaki backrest installed on a 900 Custom, and the bracket for the backrest comes into contact with the seat at the rear corners of the seat. The result is that my seat has two small (guessing about 1/4") tears where they contact each other. Not a big deal, but technically it did damage the seat.

#8 ·
Thank you for the replies.
I assume the bracket goes in between the chrome trim and the frame rails.
Do you tend to take the backrest on and off for when riding with a passenger, or leave it on all the time?
Have you modified it to make it more quick-release?
Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.