Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan 900 Horsepower

33K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Galaxie500 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know how much horsepower the Vulcan 900 makes? I can't seem to find the specs for this anywhere. Also, I have a stage 2 debaffle on the stock exhaust. Think this may increase horsepower slightly?

#10 ·
Kawasaki lists it at around 50 hp in their numbers ...... at the crank

#5 · (Edited)
dyno reports are subjective to location, weather, height above sea level etc .... just remember, a bike tuned for El Centro Ca at 20 FT below sea level is not going to run as great in Wolf Pass CO at 13,000 ft ... hence why auto tuning processors may be the best bet for those that tour. My bubbies Yamaha 650 which was tuned and dyno'd in Canada struggled up at the grand canyon .... just saying.

My classic was left completely stock except for a K@N air filter .... 2 up pulling a trailer ... 1230 plus lbs rolling down the highway ... it just worked fine everywhere ... 6000 miles over 23 states in the mid west .... twice

My custom with the big 3 was a day rider and never got any further than a 100 miles from the house ...

#7 ·
I think stage 2 refers to a new aftermarket cam and pistons

#11 ·
Stage 1 is removing the outer plate and drilling holes.
Stage 2 is removing the baffles.

pic is of Stage 1.

Attachments

#17 ·
Interesting. I looked up my Vn750 for the same info. It came out as 66HP (at the crank) and 64.7Nm of torque.

I would have thought the 900 had a bit more of both, but the torque that you do have kicks in at a much lower, and therefore usable and feel-able, rpm. Your max comes in at 3700 rpm whereas the Vn750 comes in at over 6K rpm. You've got a more usable seat-of-the-pants feel to it.

I like your torque better but am happy enough with mine. By the time I max mine out, my speedometer has already reached the raped-ape mark anyway. I try not to rape that thing much anymore, anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.