Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Storage Options

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ElysiumRider 
#1 ·
Hi all, I frequently ride places that I need to bring things to (random objects, shoes, change of clothes, etc.), but I really don't like the look of saddlebags on my 900 Custom. I much prefer the clean appearance.
The problem is my backpack can get uncomfortable and/or hot on these rides. What are my options for storage on the bike without getting saddlebags or otherwise changing the clean look I have going on?

#5 ·
What about a sissy bar. Strap your bag to that.

#6 ·
I bought a Nelson Rigg Riggpack( I think). I use my bike for commuting to work so I needed something for storage. I used the back pack for the first year I had my bike but didn't like it. I attach it to my sissy bar but before I had that, I used the bungee buttons and just strapped it to the passenger seat.

#7 ·
Rok straps are amazing! And will securely tie down just about anything. Every rider should have some anyways because they come in handy and I think are more secure than bungees for situations.

Those AltRider dry bags look really cool, too. Cycle Gear has a less expensive version, Explorer dry bag, which I have and use on long trips. It is truly a dry bag. I bought the large for touring, but it comes in small and medium too for daily use.

#8 ·
for the man who needs to bring everything LOL

[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.