Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Who is running lowers and your thoughts on them?

5K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  racinfan101 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting lowers to stop that annoying blast of air that flows up from the tank/seat.

#4 ·
Memphis shades lowers, Memphis shades batwing, 9" windscreen with memphis shades batwing lowers

no air blast at all.

Attachments

Reactions: Banes@ngel
#11 ·
Did the same when I got the bike. I refer to it as "riding in a cone of silence." Very happy with the combo.

#5 ·
Those are wide lowers rkx

#10 ·
I made my own, low cost, perform great. No more (very little) air coming up to the face.

#12 ·
Lowers do help a lot to eliminate buffeting. I got these from a guy who was manufacturing them out of his home shop (called "Irons In The Fire") and marketing them to Vulcan riders, but I think he's no longer doing that. No website anymore, but they work great.

Reactions: Diggles
#14 ·
Not a big fan of the looks but a big fan of the functionality. First bike I had with lowers was my 2010 Nomad. First really hot weather took them off thinking I would appreciate more airflow. One ride they went back on, added a set to my Drifter because the Nomad had me spoiled, and now adding a set to my Mean Streak as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.