Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Free COBRA straight pipes....need HELP

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DeputyLoud 
#1 ·
Just like these:

Not sure what to do, I am not interested in using a tuner / programmer. Not looking for more performance. I am doing a bobber build and want the aesthetics improved for an exhaust wrap.

1.) What do I do with the 02 sensors. There is not a hole for them in the new pipes.
2.) How likely is the studs to snap off the cylinder heads when I goto loosen?

#2 ·
If the exhaust is all your changing you dont need a tuner. As for the O2 sensors you can drill a hole and weld in a bung for them. When changing the exhaust I just sprayed Kroil oil on the stud and acorn nut twice a day for two days and the acorn nut spun right off.

#4 ·
UPDATE:
So I over stressed over nothing. It was a 15 min job.

I found the info I got from youtube was dead wrong. My 2006 vulcan does NOT have an 02 sensor which makes this job a bresse.

Happy to report I have noticed ABSOULTLY no power loss or issues with the new pipes. I am not a fan however of how load it is now. I just wanted it looking good for the blue collar bobber exhaust wrap and the factory pipes would look like crap.

Answer me this, why do my two yamaha;s run like crap with aftermarket exhaust WITHOUT a tuner, but the vulcan 900 runs great WITHOUT a tuner.

#6 ·
#5 ·
I needed a tuner cause I changed the exhaust and intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.