Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Stereo/Radio

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  KenDawg 
#1 ·
Any 900 owners have one they really like? I've searched the thread and it seems there are some ok models. Anyone have a "can't miss" model/unit?

#2 ·
After trying several different handlebar mounted stereo options I cam to the conclusion that the only way to really get sound is with a fairing. You need the bigger speakers in a bigger enclosure to actually get decent quality audio. There's a few fairing manufacturers out there.

Beyond that, depending on what type of helmet you wear (works better with 3/4 or full); helmet speakers work really well. I eventually got rid of everything and just used my bluetooth intercom system in my helmet (I use a Sena 20S right now; plenty loud for music, I never have it turned all the way up) for music. Even now that I have a Vaquero with a factory in-fairing stereo; I still tend to use the helmet speakers now and then.

#5 ·
I just picked up my bike and it came with a Hogtunes system specifically made for the batwing. I'm going to be selling it and grabbing a bluetooth in helmet setup in short order.

#8 ·
I have a set of 4.5" Pioneer 150watt Waterproof speakers in solid chrome enclosures, chrome handlebar mounts, 300 watt amp, and a pre-amp with multiple inputs and volume control.

Worked great, although the amp is kind of crappy off-brand one...could definitely benefit from a better amp.

I'd be happy to sell the lot to you for a good price....PM me.

I had originally had them on my classic...then added a fairing, and finally purchased a Vaquero...so I dont need them any more.

Reactions: brunosilva
#10 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.