Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Will memphis shades batwing fit on a 900LT?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Skinny Fatboy 
#1 ·
I have an 09 900 LT and am wanting to install a a batwing fairing. Has anyone fit one on their LT?

#5 · (Edited)
Yes it will fit .... avail at meancycles.com ....
BTW ... happy belated new year greybush.... and yes, I still have the 9

#11 ·
Yes it will fit .... avail at meancycles.com ....
BTW ... happy belated new year greybush.... and yes, I still have the 9
Long time no see! I still think that's a great looking bike. Hope you're enjoying the Ninja, too.

James, you may already know this, but make sure to order the fairing, windshield, and mounting hardware. They're all separate. You can also get a pouch or pouches that mount to the inside, and lower deflectors/wings if you want them. I put the fairing on my Classic planning to use it for cold/wet/long rides. I ended up leaving it on almost all of the time because I liked it so much. Enjoy.

#8 · (Edited)
All at this link for the fairing and shield ... http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?PartID=214960

And this link for the brackets ....http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=215528

And here for the install pictorial Matazu Bag And Batwing Installation by Maurice Whiting | Photobucket

I have bought a ton of stuff from meancycles and have had no issues dealing with them on line. I do how ever call them when ordering to check availability first.

The one thing I did do was add a headlight visor to compensate for the fairing overhang ( its just a visual thing, some do , some don't) at the headlight. Its avail at meancycles and just cleans up the look. No modifications to the fairing or brackets are needed to complete the install.

Its no more than a 2 hour install, with minimum mechanical skills needed. I'm a mechanical nudnik and still got the job done. As this is my touring ride, I went for the 9" shield and the fairing lowers, this makes all the difference. Cheers, Maurice

#12 ·
I took the winshield off because I didn't like the look but interstate rides were not fun! Rode my friends street glide and man what a difference the batwing made and plus I like the way it looks. I have rode several harleys over the years but I much prefer the way the vulcan looks and rides!! Thank you both for the help!

#14 ·
Obviously I don't have your bike sitting here to verify, so I can't say with 100% certainty that they are wrong. What I can say is I had an 09 Classic and had to remove the cable guide when I installed my fairing. NBD. I think eventually I went back and zip tied the cables in place but never had a problem.

#15 ·
I was told everything is same except for cable guides. I looked at a classic and they are different. I was thinking of eliminating guides altogether. Zip tie them in a way that they can still move freely and stay in place. Went to local dealer to order everything and try classic guides. Was told there is a reason it don't fit or Memphis would make a kit. I'll order for you but it won't work and I won't give you your money back. He was rude about it! I have bought alot of things from them over the years. I won't go back!

#17 ·
I'm sure I used the same LT cable guides, I don't think I ever took them off.

#19 ·
Hi all

Re cable guides: I just bought a batwing and have sold my LT windshield. I have discovered that the new owner will need the 'wire loom/cable bracket' (that you can see in pic 32 and 45 of Whiting's post) in order to secure the windshield. However I will still need something to manage my cables.

Thoughts?

Is there the option to remove the wireloom/cable bracket from his bike, which won't have the holes for securing the windshield mount, and swap with mine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.