Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Fat boy wheels?

9K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  DoomCrewInc 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried to put a set of fat it wheels on their bike. I really like the look and hate cleaning the spokes on mine. Any info would be appreciated

#2 ·
IDK about fat boy wheels specifically but I have seen harley wheels on a vulcan 900

#4 ·
Good to see you posting again @Nati. Haven't seen ya in a while.

I've seen it done too, and IIRC the only issue was making sure the spacers were right. But I don't remember what wheels were used.

#5 ·
The guy didnt say what model they came off of but this is the vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJSRm6nSHG8

Others have done it on the bigger bikes if you do a search you will find the threads
Good to see you posting again @Nati. Haven't seen ya in a while.

I've seen it done too, and IIRC the only issue was making sure the spacers were right. But I don't remember what wheels were used.
I am around I check everyday but I dont post much unless no one else replies

#6 ·
The front wheel in that vid was a spoke wheel. I think the OP was referring to the solid wheels that come on the FatBoy. As far as that 240 rear wheel...The description said it was a Harley wheel. It wasn't a stock Harley wheel that's for sure. Harley never put out a 240, 250, 230 or 210 rear wheel. 200 is the widest they've ever done stock if I'm not mistaken. As for how they adapted it, many of the comments asked that same question, and the poster didn't answer a single question or comment, so who knows. I LOVE the exhaust on that bike tho.

#7 ·
You would be mistaken sir. They put a 240 on the vrod I have been eye balling it to see if I can make something work on the 9 if I dont trade it in for a Vic. I just posted to vid to show it has been done. If only I had enough disposable income I would buy some wheels just to see if I can make them fit.

#8 ·
I put street glide rims on mine, had to make sleeves to make em fit because the 900 axle is smaller then the street glide, front and back. Spacers had to be modified, caliper mounting spot had to modified. In the rear I used the street glide pulley and had to make a rotor out of a harley one and my stock one.

#11 ·
I knew I seen it on here some where just couldnt remember who you were.

#9 ·
I stand corrected. I never liked the VRod so I didn't think about it while going over the wheel sizes.

#13 ·
I like the way those look on the 900. Has me thinking now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.