Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

sythentic oil suggestions

5K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  wildirishman64 
#1 ·
what synthetic oil are you using in your Vulcans?

#2 ·
Rotella T6

#3 ·
do you put any additives in the oil?

#5 ·
No just straight rotella t6, you can read the oil section here its very popular, also I rode goldwings for yrs and it was a preferred oil for them...its just that good and only $20 a gallon for full synth. And every walmart in the country carries it if you every need some.

#4 ·
I ride a 2010 vulcan 900LT. All synthetics are good, especially if you change the oil and filter 5000 miles or so. I tried Mobil 1 20/50, it was too thick, the clutch wouldn't disengage when cold the first time I shifted into 1st, but then after just fine. I now use AMS 10/40 which appears to be perfect. The reason I switched from Kawasaki brand conventional 10/40 was that it broke down (I assume) at about 1500 miles resulting in much clutch grabbing and engine mechanical noise. Either way the bike has 25000 + miles with no oil consumption.

#7 ·
Mine is a 2011, I switched at 2,500 miles.

#8 ·
I use the Kawasaki Full Synthetic. Every time I buy from my dealer here I get points. I redeem them and get a few bucks off the next round of oil.

Attachments

#9 ·
I want to add a little bit to my original post ride about 1500 to 2000 miles per year and I change my oil and filter every year I use the K&N filters so I am well under the break point of oil that being said I am guessing I cant go wrong with Kawasaki oem synthetic oil I would always rather be safe than sorry

#10 ·
#12 ·
20 - 50 is not the best for the liquid cooled engines. It is basically for air cooled engines so the bottle says. I asked the dealer where I get my bike services to use his best oil in mine and he used Motul. I guess as long as it's good and changed regularly it will be fine.

#23 ·
I use Valvoline for the last six years. Good for 10,000 miles. I have 56,000 on her now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.