Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Cobra Exhauat?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kawigirl 
#1 ·
I really like the look of the Cobra swept exhaust for Vulcan (part# 4218B), but don't like loud pipes.

Anybody have experience with this exhaust system? How does its exhaust note compare to the stock pipes?

TY!

My model: 2012 Vulcan 900 Custom.

#2 ·
I have those pipes on my bike. There is no comparison to stock. They are loud. I have yet to find an aftermarket full exhaust that is not loud. To me it's not too loud, but everyone has a different threshold. The only time I don't like how loud it is is when it's on fast idle. I don't want to disturb the neighbors so I keep it revving as low as possible until I'm on open road, but there is nothing I can do until the idle settles. I actually don't love the sound until you get the revs going. It absolutely sings at high revs.

#4 ·
Installed about 6 months ago. IMO, sounds like a bike now. Added the Hard Kore baffles when installed pipes. Quiten' it down just a bit. Search forum for cobra swept, and you'll find some other opinions. I posted a link to video of running bike to get idea of sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsFRtNcaFWY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.