Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Throttle Hesitation

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Dirtwiz 
#1 ·
I have a friend who purchased an 06 900LT. He punched out the baffles with a broomstick and now he tells me he has a hesitation when he rolls on the throttle. Did his taking out the baffles do this? Thanks..........:confused:

#3 ·
Remove the secondary throttle plates. Removing the baffles changes the back pressure and affects low end power. This may be the 'hesitation' he was referring to.

#5 ·
my bike hesitates sometimes when its cold/I first take off down the block. noticed it plenty of times. bike is a 2014 with like 2k miles on it. I think its in the tune/cold idle circuit

funny I test rode a zx6r once and it did the same thing, owner told me it was a Kawasaki thing and known issue with that particular bike

#6 · (Edited)
Check your air filter....if its really dirty it will run rich and the fuel injection can't compensate enough to keep it right. If its rich it will hesitate when you give it throttle like a carbureted bike does if you ride it with the choke on. I wouldn't start removing throttle plates until I knew the rest of the bike was set up properly since you could end up with a number of things going bad at the same time and never figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.