Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Shinko Tires

7K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Johnt3 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried Shinko tires on a 900 Classic?
I have used them on other bikes and have liked them.
Wondering how long they will last on a 900 cause they seem to have a soft compound.

#5 ·
I always run Shinko's, best bang for the buck. In the past I've run the 230 Tourmaster, but recently had a flat and wanted to try something different so I installed the SR734 in the rear. Better handling and smoother than the 230 in my opinion, but I can't speak for tread life as its only been on a week. I'm running 170/80 though, I don't believe that particular tire comes in the stock 180/70.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
I just had the Shinko 777 hd whitewalls installed on mine, have about 75 miles on them. Happy with them so far...

#8 ·
Any updates on there Shinko tires? I put a set of 777's on my Vaquero 800 miles ago. So far, great! Smooth and good handling. OEM Bridgestones gave out at 7300 miles, really disapointing, and I don't ride hard. Just wondering.

#9 ·
Put the 230's on my old 750. Was very happy with the way they rode both wet and dry, and even happier with the price. Just got a 777 to put on the rear of my new Vaquero. Hoping I'm just as happy with it as I have been with the other.

#11 ·
So far I've run about 1500 miles on mine with no problems. They seem to be wearing good and still handle great.
I do have one small gripe, the rear tires whitewall has some browning on the edge that will not clean up. I've been using
Westleys Blech‑Wite. Other than that, no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.