Vn800 petcock - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
chi
Premium Member

Garage
Vn800 petcock

Just removed my gas tank and noticed my petcock has a slow leak, looking for a new petcock to fit a 1998 vn800b if anyone knows of any or who carries them. Would rather replace then rebuilt since many have issues with the rebuild kit not working

Sent from my Nexus S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Just removed my gas tank and noticed my petcock has a slow leak, looking for a new petcock to fit a 1998 vn800b if anyone knows of any or who carries them. Would rather replace then rebuilt since many have issues with the rebuild kit not working

Sent from my Nexus S
You can completely rebuild it unless it's damaged beyond repair or rebuild.

It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
chi
Premium Member

Garage
Re: Vn800 petcock

So I've looked around alot and haven't found any "direct fit" aftermarket petcocks for an 800 classic, looking for more of a custom look but if there aren't any other options I think I just need to go ahead and rebuild mine to prevent any future damage from it leaking. Any input on either replacement petcocks or if you have had any good or bad rebuild kits

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Top Contributor

Just replace it. Lot's of stories on here about failed rebuilds. Check with your local Kaw dealer. About $80. It will save you a lot of trouble.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
chi
Premium Member

Garage
Re: Vn800 petcock

Finally got my petcock delivered and installed, leak gone! Even got a little lucky and found a site selling the original part # 51023-1219 and ended up with the new replacement 51023-1260 being shipped saving $25 since the 1260 is priced higher for some reason. Think if anything it may have better o-rings but I couldn't tell any difference from the outside

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Top Contributor

Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Finally got my petcock delivered and installed, leak gone! Even got a little lucky and found a site selling the original part # 51023-1219 and ended up with the new replacement 51023-1260 being shipped saving $25 since the 1260 is priced higher for some reason. Think if anything it may have better o-rings but I couldn't tell any difference from the outside

Glad you found a new one. You saved a lot of time going that route in lieu of rebuilds that don't work. Thanks for the update an the new P/Ns! It's appreciated.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
chi
Premium Member

Garage
Would have really liked an aftermarket petcock just for a little more of a custom look but I'll keep an eye out for something I could swap out the plan black knob, but ronayers.com has best shipped price especially ordering 51023-1219 and should get a free upgrade unless they figured out the loophole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode