Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Wisconsin anyone?

17K views 63 replies 34 participants last post by  Legendary89 
#1 ·
Just bought an 01 800 for my wife. Any other groups in the wisconsin area?

#6 ·
gotcha. yeah was wondering if you were from the opencarry.org site with that remark. i haven't been there much either lately. still keep an eye on the important info though.

anyways, we'll have to get together and do some riding. we're starting to get a pretty decent group of bikes going here in cudahy. you can almost guarrantee that at any week night there are at least 2-4 of us riding, and upwards to 6 or more on the weekends.

#17 ·
I'm actually very near N.E. Wisconsin. I work in Madison, but live in Iron River, MI. Was born and raised in Eagle River.

#18 ·
Greetings from a Vulcan rider here in Eau Claire. We lived near Kenosha (Pleasant Prairie) 10 years ago and took the opportunity to move back to this part of the state. Very much enjoy the weekend rides along the Mississippi river on both the Wisconsin and Minnesota side.

#23 ·
I'll try and keep an eye out for ya. Although, I spend most of my time in Madison, WI where I work. Only get home on weekends. But, when the weather is more predictable (without snow and ice) I'll be riding the bike back and forth. Probably won't be until April.

#28 ·
I was able to get out for about 30 minutes yesterday. Went for about an hour ride today - about 40 miles. Stopped at the local ski area to check it out. I'm going skiing on Tuesday. Darned if I didn't find a newer BMW with large sidecar, and an old Moto Guzzi Eldorado there. The guy with the Bimmer told me about his buddy down at the lower lot with the Guzzi. He had his skis strapped sideways behind the seat on the bike. The guy with the Bimmer brought a couple of kids in the sidecar, and put a couple of snowboards and a pair of skis in the trunk of the sidecar.

As I was leaving the place - about 1/2 mile away, I was kicking myself for not taking a pic. I turned around and went back, but they had already left. Oh well, next time I guess.

Here's a pic of my bike in the upper parking lot.

Attachments

#30 ·
Well, I got out yesterday for a 100 mi. trip. My good friend Jim just got a 09 900 Classic LT and just had to try it out. Still haven't got the ECU replaced but the 1700 Nomad ran great with the Tri Ovals on! Even got better fuel milage! Before Tri Ovals-34.2 avg. After Tri Ovals-38.4 avg. Spring has sprung!!

#37 ·
New to this forum. Live in Franklin. Currently riding a 2009 Vstar 950 tourer, but looking into a 1700 Nomad. Won't know for sure, going to test drive one tomorrow. If I like it, I'll probably be selling my 950 tourer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.