Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Texas

8K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  GFISH 
#1 ·
I'm assuming Texas would be considered "Central" or should we be posting in the "*******" section!?! Didn't see that one listed! Ride safe, Ya'll.

#4 ·
HOWDY back

A warm Texas "Howdy" back at ya, Old Bike Guy. Not sure when you received your degree, but I'll bet it hasn't changed much. The people are still friendly and the ground is still flat here in the Panhandle. We have a few twisties out here, razorbacksrule, but we have to travel farther to find them. Looks like its warm enough to ride the custom to work this morning, so I'd better get packin'. Ya'll take care, now.

#6 · (Edited)
A warm Texas "Howdy" back at ya, Old Bike Guy. Not sure when you received your degree, but I'll bet it hasn't changed much. The people are still friendly and the ground is still flat here in the Panhandle. We have a few twisties out here, razorbacksrule, but we have to travel farther to find them. Looks like its warm enough to ride the custom to work this morning, so I'd better get packin'. Ya'll take care, now.
It took 9 years and three colleges but I finally finished up at Aggie land in '76. I got a degree, a brand spankin' new Caterpiller cap and a six pack of Lone Star. I still have the cap.

#7 ·
I'm not a native but I got here as fast as I could. :)

Live near Lubbock and ride whenever I can get the chance (except when it's too windy, I hate the wind!)

#9 ·
I agree the wind can sure get 2 you....We have had so much wind the last couple years is crazy.....Getting used 2 riding the bike on a 45......West of us is known 4 the wind storms and quite often u hear about semi's being blown over....Now that is windy......Take care........Terry

#10 ·
I'm not a native either. I came down here 1992 to Sheppard AFB and retired in 1999 and just stayed, got a job with the city and am working on my 2nd retirement now. I like it here, the better half wants to go back to Missouri after I retire again, but it's less riding time I tell her. I'm going to lose this one I have a feeling LOL.

#11 ·
I'm a native Texan and I love it here. Any kind of riding you want. I live on a local manmade lake on what is known as the "twisties" in this flat land. I ride year round and am not above heading for Llano to get a cup of coffee. My wife likes to ride. She's from Wisconsin and she loves Texas. I'm glad our winters are short. Guardian, maybe we'll run into each other one day.......:D

#14 ·
hello ppl i live in central texas an yeah the wind is pretty strong here been here my whole 36 years of life. been trying to find someone to ride with ere where i am i am new to riding so it would be cool to ride with a veteran ever now an then. that way they can tell me what i am doing wrong if i do. havent been on any highways as of yet guess i am trying to get it through my head that its gunna happen sooner or later. like i said i am new been riding for only 4 weeks now an it is mainly to work an back but i go for short rides around town but i really want o make it out of town sometime, an i guess i think it would be better to go with someone other than myself you know to keep an eye on me lol. but anyways hello again an welcome to TEXAS lol

#25 ·
In true Texas fashion and pride, I think I can speak for all of us when I say...
WE don't talk funny, it's THE REST OF THE WORLD that talks funny! :D

#18 ·
Why would you want to waste good riding time on I35 anyway!!:D:D

Head west and south!
Fredericksburg is great bike destination just a couple hours from Austin.
Go a little further southwest to Kerrville, Medina and Leakey for the best motorcycle roads in TX.

Scott

#22 ·
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

#19 ·
After 40 years military and County government service, the wife and I retiring and finally finally getting back home to Texas in 4 weeks. We bought a house in Corsicana last May. All of my kids/grand have already moved there as they were want to get out of Nevada.

I already know a couple of you Texas boys already in here and look forward to meeting you. I am a full time scooter rider and cant wait to get back home again for good.

#23 ·
I'll have use that excuse. But I usually do my own,

#24 · (Edited)
rob74... where do you live??

Wind??? the wind is far worse in central Nevada where I lived for the past 30 years. You don't even notice it until it goes above 50 mph.... steady for days at a time.... gusts up to 70+ a lot.

We are finally in Corsicana now.

ADD:
Got BBQ yesterday while on the Blue Bonnet Trail at Bubba's BBQ in Ennis. Close to my new Yama/Kawai dealer. Which I like so far. Having all my carburetor scoots re-jetted from 700k ft to 4 inches alt...

#27 ·
WE don't talk funny, it's THE REST OF THE WORLD that talks funny!
Actually some of you/us DO talk funny.... My sister is one. And I have noticed a lot here in Corsicana with more Texas "twang" than I am used to.

My new neighbor... retired Postman... hard to understand some of what he says...

But like riding a bicycle... it will come back to me. But I don't think I will ever sound like my neighbor..... (I hope)

#32 ·
I ride in central and western Texas, feels more like the southwest to me, so that is where I post.

Roadie

#34 ·
Glad to see this thread hit again.....

#36 ·
When I was in Hawaii. I said to a couple "How y'all doing?" She says Y'ALL! Boy where you from? I responded with, The only place that matters, TEXAS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.