Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Flint Hills Vulcan Riders Association Chapter

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DennyMoon 
#1 ·
Hey to all of the Vulcan riders here in Kansas. I wanted to throw this out for thought. I am interested in starting a Vulcan Riders Association Chapter in the Flint Hills area of Kansas. I have been on the website www.vulcanriders.us and I have registered. I also posted on the forum for anyone who would be interested in working with me on getting something like this going in our area. I would like to hear some feedback and see if this thing can take off. I plan on putting alot of effort into it once I redeploy back to Ft Riley next month. I look forward to anyone's comments. Thank you!!!!

#4 · (Edited)
When my wife and I agreed to help the other guy start and build a chapter we agreed to stay a minimum of one year. That was plenty for us, with that chapter. I recruited over 100 Vulcan riders in the Cincinnati, Dayton area, we had a few rides, and at various times, all of those invited showed up and rode with us. I had no idea at the time why none of them came back for a second ride until the prez of the chapter decided to quit during the Spring. It turns out he had been canvassing those invites to join, and offering a "special" rate if they joined on a ride. We figure of the 100 or so people he collected from about 20 or so. He then pocketed that money, and when pressed for a financial statement he bailed out of the chapter and left us wondering where the monies went. He was also treasurer. I don't think the VRA allows that now, mainly because of that and another deal out in Iowa that was similar.
When election came around I was voted prez, and a motion was made(by my wife) to dissolve the chapter bylaws and start over. John Featherlin, then the VRA national prez faught us tooth and nail, said our election was a sham because we only had 5 members in attendance. 5 is all we had left after Joe Ryan(the previous prez) ran the others off with unreasonable demands for attendance and dues, that he himself failed miserably on. As acting prez he attended only 4 of 12 meetings his whole year, and went on 4 of 6 rides
And then the prez of the Ky chapter started advertising on Craigslist in our area recruiting members and national said they could if they wanted to. We were done at that point. Featherline was told to kiss my ass, and hope some day yet to allow him to do so.

#5 ·
I'm sorry we had trouble with the guy with the PGR here in kansas.
He wanted to sell stuff then honor the fallen.
There are some out there that do not care just for them selves.
There is just about 10% that do the work in any group.
Then there is the good old boy stuff too.
If you can get over that it's worth it.
Ride safe :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.