Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Illinois riders

25K views 110 replies 51 participants last post by  Vman125 
#1 ·
I'm located in Joliet and looking to connect with other riders in my area. Kinda' boring to ride alone.

#6 · (Edited)
I'm near I55 and I80. We typically head southwest when we ride, towards the Starved Rock area.

My bike is apart right now. I sent the exhaust in to be ceramic coated. I also installed a Thunder Mfg. air kit and Power Commander V. Now I just need some warmer weather so I can start tuning it.

#10 ·
What temperature to ride

Geneseo, IL, Just took the Classic 1500 out for a spin. It's 40 degrees and4:30 pm. Was just going around the block and only had tennis shoes, light jacket, and a doo rag. Ended up riding about 10 miles. Wasn't bad. If I had had my full face helment, long johns, I could have stayed on the bike all day. First time I've had it out this year. Won't be long !!!!!!! Warm weather is comming.
P.S. You know, I did have a pair of jeans on also. I guess a person would look kind of funny, if he only had tennis shoes, light jacket and a doo rag on. What a Kodak moment that would be !!!

#14 ·
Lindenhurst here.....

#16 ·
Checking in from Buffalo Grove. I ride a VTX 1800-R. My wife is looking to "upgrade" to a 900 Classic (currently a VLX 600). Just looking for the right deal.

Anyone hear anything good/bad about Woodfield Powersports. I know they have an F rating at the BBB. Seemed like nice people when talking with them. Any input would be great.

#17 ·
Anyone hear anything good/bad about Woodfield Powersports. I know they have an F rating at the BBB. Seemed like nice people when talking with them. Any input would be great.
I bought my wife's helmet from them. And I had my front wheel rebalanced at their service department. OK I guess.

I tried to sell them my Suzuki 250 last year when looking to upgrade to the Vulcan. They low-balled it, so I ended up selling it on CL instead, but I guess other dealers are no different.

Welcome to Vulcan Forums, by the way!

#18 ·
I used to do some accounting work for them some 25 years ago. Ownership changed hands a few times since then.

#22 ·
Hey all. Just left the Vulcan train and wound up with a Concours C10 - old style. Between St Charles and Sycamore. Great roads and little traffic out here. Like going to starved rock, DuBuque, Dixon / Oregon on the IL river. Don't go East unless I have to.

Usually ride alone or with my wife or kids. Would be glad to connect for a duo or group ride.

#23 ·
Checking in from Freeport. I ride mostly in southwest Wisconsin, northwest Illinois, and Iowa. I really need to explore southern Illinois. PM if you're up in this neck of the woods!

#26 ·
area

I am from shelbyville a downstaeter! I ride mostly south to grafton alton area and down to shawnee in southern il. Great riding down in that area!

Reactions: Rusty J.
#50 ·
I am from shelbyville a downstaeter! I ride mostly south to grafton alton area and down to shawnee in southern il. Great riding down in that area!
I live in Beecher City IL and alsoide to alton and grafton and down to the shanee national and cave in rock goo sites nd eats . Like to eat at fast eddies and take the river run to the farrie outside grafton Nice ride go with family on weekends. IL Vaquero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.