Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Illinois riders

25K views 110 replies 51 participants last post by  Vman125 
#1 ·
I'm located in Joliet and looking to connect with other riders in my area. Kinda' boring to ride alone.

#38 ·
Hello Illinois Riders from Central Illinois Vulcan Riders 1-39. Vulcan Riders of America Associate. Chicago Area Chapter 1-40. Check out and join the VRA-USA web site. Direct link to these two Chapters. Chapter 1-39 is Galesburg Post Mark. We have Members from Pekin, Peoria, South to Lewistown (CHAPTER PRESIDENT) Galesburg, Knoxville and Dahinda. our farthest North is Peru. OK Geneseo, your not to far from us, in Knox County. Tune in to the VRA-USA. Tentative talk of a new Chapter in The Quad Cities area eventually, and the Rockford area. Check CIVR's Facebook. We Ride!!!!!!!

#39 ·
Bloomingdale here! I try to ride everyday if possible, mostly St.Charles, Wayne, batavia, dekalb, barrington, etc... wherever the wind takes me :D

#43 ·
Two Day Trip

It depends if you want a good Ride and a scenic adventure, or want to walk part of your Trip to do some collectivly window shopping or a Historic adventure. You may already been in the Galena territory of Illinois or traveled North through Wisconsin following the Mississippi River to LaCross. Then cross over the Big River, go South on the River Road to Dobuque Iowa. Cross back over the Big Rive, at Dubuque, go South, you'll be headed for Home and the Galena Territory. I can not begin to tell you how beautiful that country is for Riding on two wheels. Waukon Iowa, Stony Creek Inn would be the overnite stop. You could just do the Galena Territory and do two days. Its unbelievable, whats available in this area, even approx. 30 miles South of Galena on the River Road to Savanna, Illinois, and the Famous Poppies. Check out web sites for information. Ride Maps available. I could go on forever about this country. Stage Coach Trail, Scales Mounds to New Diggins Wisconsin, Elizabeth Illinois, Galena Territory, Northeast Iowa the Driftless area, Effigy Mounds and Prarie Du Chein. ENJOY!!!

#45 ·
Anyone going to the Chicago toys for tots ride first Sunday in Dec? The Mrs. and I are going. Thought maybe some of us forum guys could meet up.
Chi

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#48 ·
Gurnee, IL checking in. I usually ride in SE Wisconsin anyone around this area that wants to ride sometime in the upcoming season PM me and well get up together and plan a ride Im on the bike every weekend from april to the end of november.

#53 ·
I jinxed it! Got out there President's Day and put nearly 100 miles on enjoying the first ride since some winter maintenance. Saw some cool things, stopped in a small joint in a country town for a shot and a burger, and still made it back before the rains. Then, next day, 6 inches. Go figure. BTW - in the 40's but never felt cold - was dressed ok I guess.

Live in north central by St Charles / Sycamore. Anyone want to ride to NW Ill, Iowa bluffs, or SW Wisconsin, let me know.

#54 ·
FInally the 18 inches melted away and the bike is back out. Just finished the yearly maintenace and started putting miles under my belt. Looking for anyone in the Springfield area or there abouts that wants to do some weekend riding. Thinking about heading out to grafton and run the river road this weekend with a stop at Fast Eddies.. anyone wanting to ride let me know. I dont know anyone that rides so looking for some friends to hit the road with...

#55 ·
Hey Chevyman, I assume you ride a Vulcan, but this is not a have to, to enjoy our rides. Check out on this Forum, Central Illinois Vulcan Riders 1-39. We are addressed Galesburg, but well enough alone, our President lives in Lewistown, aka Randy Young, racinfan, as well he is the National Vice President of the Vulcan Riders of America - USA. We have a member in Stockton, Illinois and Peru, which no doubt is the same distance or travel time as to Springfield. But my biggest point, is to know of more Illinois riders posting here on the Forum, and with interest and help from the VRA to start another Chapter in Illinois. Come on board and check out 139's page and Facebook, possibly join our group for starters. We do organize Rides and have a great bunch of people. It's a small group but very comfortable atmosphere. Take care! Ride Safe!!! Check us out!

#56 ·
Guys, tomorrow - Saturday - cloudy likely rain and in the 60s. I am going for it. Country roads west of St Charles / Dundee / Joliet or anywhere else. Let me know. If the rain holds off, thinking about taking the connie to Starved rock. If raining, straight roads fine. Let me know if anyone wants to ride - and maybe get rained on. Oh well....

#60 · (Edited)
Usually ride alone. Like it that way. Love it. Still, it would be nice to take a day ride with some local folks from here and other sites I attend. So I am thinking about throwing a ride out there half the time and thinking it is a dumb idea the other half.

Thinking about setting up a casual ride starting in the far west burbs / rt 47 to get some of us together.

So, to my old friend google maps, I have two ride ideas that cover some of the decent spots in this area (like Starved Rock). Main thing of course, is stopping at Cajun Connection for lunch. Real cajun food from cajun Ron in IL? Aeeeeeee!. You kidding? :cool:

Questions:
3 meet up spots each about 20 mins apart at rural gas stations to accommodate folks coming from North, East, and South burbs. (Stations on 47 in Pingree Grove, Elburn, and Sugar Grove) Ride is all rural roads or small towns. I feel good about that.

How long to go between stops? For instance, about 45 mins from last meeting place is a relative obscure Massacre site and monument. Is that too early to stop or a good time to regroup and see how everyone is doing?

Second leg would be about 45 mins again to Starved Rock. Could go to lunch then, or go about 1.5 - 2 hours following a river on one end, cross, and follow back up to eat at that time.

Does a ride need to close the loop?

How long should legs be? Loop would be about 4-5 hours. Only stop that HAS to happen is gumbo. Legs can be 45 - 60 mins with brief stops at casual, mildly cool local historical sites or little towns. Or a leg can be 1.5 hrs. On my own, it doesn't matter. What would a group of riders generally prefer?

This would likely mix sport tourers, sport bikes, and cruisers. No good?

How "hands on" does this really need to be?

Is it worth even doing?

Open to any thoughts.

Is there any interest here in riding with some IL folks?

#61 ·
Hello All Fitz01 mentioned this a few post earlier but we do have a small Vulcan Riders Association Chapter in the Peoria / Galesburg area. Very laid back group you can check out the website: http://central-il-vulcanriders.org/ or you can find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/central.il.vulcanriders/

While we cater to Vulcans we welcome all makes and models and hope to grow our ranks this summer.

There is also a Northern IL VRA Chapter: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/227335967370041/?fref=ts

For folks in other areas the Vulcan Riders Association makes it easy to start a VRA chapter and we would love to have some more chapters in Illinois!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.