Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Got Desert Dawgs?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  figman 
#1 ·
I just ordered a pair of Desert Dawg crash bar covers in hopes they will stop some of the cold air from hitting my legs. A friend put a pair on his Harley and said they work pretty well. Anyone have any experience with crash bar covers on their Nomad?

#2 ·
I have a similar product on my V2K from sagebrush designs. The company was great to work with, they were designed specifically for my size bike and the particular brand of engine guards. They fit perfectly and work GREAT. Block the wind and the rain and keep you much warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
I used Airlite chaps on my 07 Nomad. They helped a lot especially in wet weather.

#7 ·
I have airlites on my 2012 Nomad. They are awesome! My feet stay toasty warm. So far I've been down into the 40s with them. Quality product, great price, and they shipped fast.

#12 ·
I received the Dawgs yesterday, mounted them today and took a 30 mile ride. Not the best test because the temp was in mid sixties but enough to make the following observation. Very little air around the mid shin area, none on the feet or ankles. The air that I could feel was warmed by the engine...very comfortable. The interesting thing is that the air that normally pushes up into the stomach area and face was completely gone! I think I'm going to like these a bunch!
:)

#13 ·
I received my airlites a few days ago. They fit great and work great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.