Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Signing off!... Nomad accessories for sale!

6K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  silverspurs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow inmates, I traded my Nomad in today on this:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/651/home.aspx

this decision is not related to the recent problems I've had with my bike,(although it may have moved that decision up a few months), Overall, I’ve really enjoyed riding the Nomad, gonna miss that cruise control. But; I've been thinking about making a change to a completely different kind of riding for over 6 months and the right deal came along; so I pulled the trigger. I find I'm leaning more and more toward Adventure Touring rather than Cruiser Touring... because; when I get to the end of the pavement, I just want to keep on going!!... that's the reason in a nutshell.

Anyway, I've got some accessories that I took off my 09 Nomad prior to trading it in today... I've posted them over in the "for sale" area. I just wanted to put a note and link here in case any of you might be interested in any of them... enjoy the ride!! What ever you ride.

here's a link to the for sale page...

http://tinyurl.com/cq5nm7u

items available:

1) SOLDMustang seat with integral rider adjustable backrest

2) SOLDKuryakyn adjustable highway foot pegs

3) Soldrear rack trunk

4) chrome gps handlebar mount... fits garmin snap in ball on most garmin units

5) one Left side saddle bag top grill (left half of a pair)

6) SoldOne shop manual for 1700 nomad...

7) SOLDrear shock pump for the Nomad rear shock air adjustment

That’s all there is!... the bike was so well accessorized stock, that it didn't need much farkeling!!...

Best of luck to you all… rick

bye the way, the darkside tire had 18,000 miles on it at trade-in (23,000 miles on the bike)... I figure it has about another 10,000 miles to go... the stealer kinda raised his eyebrows when I told him what was on there... then he smiled and told me he plans to ride the Nomad himself for a while before he sells it... he said he's interested in trying it out to see how it rides...

See less See more
#2 ·
I hear you about the adventure touring. I put 16500 miles on my Versys in the first year of ownership. In another 3 years I will replace it with a full size adventure tourer.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey Ric, you're the man. I'll never forget you are the one that had the patients to tell me about and convinced me to try the dark side Thanks for all your help on this forum.We've had some rooten-tooten discussions haven't we? Your new scoot looks a little strange to me, but that's OK. You like ut and that's what counts. Do visit us again soon. Ride safe.:)

#5 ·
David;
some of the discussions have been spirited and heated!...:eek: but all in the interest of dispelling misconceptions by those who had not tried something that those of us that had tried it, knew was a good thing... hope your loving your DS tire... and thanks for being my friend on this forum:D... rick

#7 ·
So, you gonna put a jeep tire on that adventure bike?

My most nimble, best riding, and most comfortable bike is the 2011 Versys. My wife says it looks like a bug. LOL!

#10 ·
Hey Silverspurs--I guess you paid a visit to Snake River Yamaha and they treated you well. That is a great dealership. I was in there often and that's where I bought my '06 900 Classic. Good folks there.

I was seriously tempted by that Super ten last year. I really couldn't have afforded it then, but if my wife had given the go ahead, I'd have figured out a way. I like the re-design of the front fairing area for 2013.

I suppose you will now become a loyal and frequent haunter of Happy Trails, eh what? That's a great place, too.

Now, when the weather warms up and the snow is all gone, pack that thing up, head down to Grandview and take a weekend tour over the Idaho Back Country Byway. Come out at Jordan Valley, then his Succor Creek Road and spend a night at Leslie Gorge (I think that's the name) and then blast up toward Homedale and back on into Boise. I did that a couple years ago on my VStrom. Great trip.

And congrats!!

#11 ·
Hey Silverspurs--I guess you paid a visit to Snake River Yamaha and they treated you well. That is a great dealership. I was in there often and that's where I bought my '06 900 Classic. Good folks there.

Actually I purchased a leftover 2012 Raven bike from Cycle City in Mountain Home... they were offering a great price. Snake River Yam is a good dealer, but they didn't have any 2012's

I was seriously tempted by that Super ten last year. I really couldn't have afforded it then, but if my wife had given the go ahead, I'd have figured out a way. I like the re-design of the front fairing area for 2013.

I wasn't aware there were any changes other than color for the 2013 models??

I suppose you will now become a loyal and frequent haunter of Happy Trails, eh what? That's a great place, too.

I had my KLR for a couple of years now... so Happy Trails knows me by NAME!! :) I've dropped a lot of cash there... picked up my luggage racks for the Super Ten there on Wed.

Now, when the weather warms up and the snow is all gone, pack that thing up, head down to Grandview and take a weekend tour over the Idaho Back Country Byway. Come out at Jordan Valley, then his Succor Creek Road and spend a night at Leslie Gorge (I think that's the name) and then blast up toward Homedale and back on into Boise. I did that a couple years ago on my VStrom. Great trip.

Love the Owyhee backcountry byway... we do a lot of riding out there... part of the reason the Nomad had to go... just not versatile enough!!

And congrats!!
Thanks!! we'll have to get together for ride!

#14 ·
Hey, I did that but got a hernia picking up my loaded KLR650 which is the BEST adventurer, parts-accessories EVERYWHERE and cheap cause if you really adventure you will get stuck---fallover----slide down---sometimes on the bike like a sled. I'm 60 now been riding for 45yrs and yes have flown like superman and looked down wondering where those handle bars went. You will crash !!!! if you adventure. SO my other adventurer is a brand new HONDA XR200 I bought in the Philippines and is now in my front room of my house there. Guess what ? I've lost control 2 times in six weeks when I was there, broke off a mirror and bent the clutch release arm. When its dark, raining, you are alone, maybe half drunk you will hate picking up a heavy toad from the middle of a creek. Hehehe I know...

#15 ·
But probably not much chance of that on a ride to Alaska since the road is paved all the way. There are some interesting unpaved possibilities along the way that might have one taking an unplanned get off somewhere. But the road, although paved, can be rough where the spring thaw after winter results in some interesting frost heaves.

#21 ·
Hey Silverspurs!!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.