Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Victory Motorcycles - Finished
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
HRH_Z
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
It's a shame. Not my favorite brand but, they were cool to see on the road.

"Failed Attempt" might be a bit harsh to describe a brand that was set to have it's 20th anniversary this year. Their machines won a number of awards, they have a trophy case full of "Cruiser of the Year" and "Bike of the Year" and similar titles from various magazines and; up until the last couple of years, they were a serious threat to Milwaukee, some quarters selling more than the century-old stalwart. I wonder if Indian, huge improvements to the H-D line, and the recent prevalence in premium Japanese touring motorcycles, saw to their demise. Victory represented some pretty cool technological improvements, but then failed to; to my eyes, update or change anything in recent years.
Oh, it's totally harsh. True, but harsh. They failed to produce a profitable motorcycle, they failed to capture much of the American V-Twin market, they failed to do survive. And if you look at the Victory forums, they've shot themselves in the foot when it comes to brand loyalty. But I have no doubt that Polaris is going to concentrate on their copy of the Indian to try to compete now.

It sucks that people are losing jobs, though.

"I taught your boyfriend that thing you like . . . "

Vulcan 900 Classic

Harley Davidson Road King (103")

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome