Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Victory Motorcycles - Finished
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Romans5.8
Super Moderator

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
I do think a lot of the Victory brand was cannibalized by Indian. There's a crowd out there that wouldn't touch a Harley-Davidson if it was free and came with a mansion on a private island off the west coast (I'm not one of those people; there's almost no motorcycle out there I wouldn't accept and ride happily for free; heck, you can keep the mansion! If I were independently wealthy there'd be a couple of Harley's in my garage; but they've yet to build a bike that's my "first choice", not yet anyway) Some buy metrics but, some got scooped up by Victory's great anti-Harley marketing. Much of it pure bull, but effective. Now there's something that has the styling they want, is comfortably "not Harley", but is still an American-made brand that you can buy all the logo-stitched jackets and novelty neon-light garage clocks you want. Have your cake and eat it too.

Which makes me wonder if Victory was never as genuinely popular as it was. Maybe it's loyal customers were actually willing to jump ship as soon as there was a genuine alternative.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome