Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums - View Single Post - Victory Motorcycles - Finished
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Bu$aboy79

Year/Make/Model: 2004 VN2000A
Displacement/CC's: 2053
Color: Purple... Soon to be Black... Maybe...
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
It's a shame. Not my favorite brand but, they were cool to see on the road.

"Failed Attempt" might be a bit harsh to describe a brand that was set to have it's 20th anniversary this year. Their machines won a number of awards, they have a trophy case full of "Cruiser of the Year" and "Bike of the Year" and similar titles from various magazines and; up until the last couple of years, they were a serious threat to Milwaukee, some quarters selling more than the century-old stalwart. I wonder if Indian, huge improvements to the H-D line, and the recent prevalence in premium Japanese touring motorcycles, saw to their demise. Victory represented some pretty cool technological improvements, but then failed to; to my eyes, update or change anything in recent years.
AGREED!

They did have some pretty great accomplishments. But I'd have to also agree their penetration into the industry and market share was not the greatest. Sad to see any bike brand drop off, but business is business.

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly... but that little f*ker is pretty damn quick!!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome