Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Another Moto Guzzi California

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  LBV 
#1 ·
Well, I picked it up at the shop that did the safety today and already had to fill 'er up after a 2 hr ride (came 3/4's full).

Poncho was right in that she's a noisy biatch! Holy, never noticed it on the 1 hr test ride. And the handle bars actually shake at idle. Quirky is right.

Every time I gave it heavy throttle I found myself saying "wow"! It's fast if you want it to. Doesn't like to stay below 3,000 rpm or so I find ... kinda lugs. Maybe the Vulcan was like that but it doesn't have a tach :rolleyes: so I can't tell.

Anyway, here's a pic below ... was hoping to do a drive-off video of the Agostini's but never found a suitable place - will eventually get 1 though.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Every time I gave it heavy throttle I found myself saying "wow"! It's fast if you want it to. Doesn't like to stay below 3,000 rpm or so I find ... kinda lugs. Maybe the Vulcan was like that but it doesn't have a tach :rolleyes: so I can't tell.
my v14 pulls well rite from idle (factory set 1100). mine does not lug or jerk at any rpm. it is smooth and powerful rite from idle up thru 5500rpm. it mite be stock settings w/stock exhaust is the diff.?
I troll with it well at 2500rpm and do canyon carving 3-4k in 3rd gear. sometimes 2nd for those marked 15mph hairpins. she runs well.

I will switch to amsoil 60w and adjust valves 1mm x 1.5mm.. if that doesn't quiet the top end, then will consider some sound absorbing material sandwiched between true valve cover and those cosmetic ones you see.

ps. change out those stok handy bars for guzzi tour pull backs (blak $135 AF1racing). they are odd Italian 1.125" dia. butt will yield a totally different feel from the seat. more better!
take yor time reroute the wires and throttle behind the top tree. do not pull on the clutch hydraulic line, there is a sensor/pressure switch under the tank. mine broke $200 replace.

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah, I have no doubt that the fueling is off with the Agostini's on there as it definitely doesn't like staying below 3k rpm. Will see if dealer actually loaded the proper map.

The bars do have a fwd lean to them that I'm still getting used to ... read somewhere else where 1 guy bought the Touring bars then didn't like them and put the Custom's back on. I may go with the Ferracci risers but they're $159 ... still may do it.

Gonna PM you some more PV ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.