CA emissions elimination? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
CA emissions elimination?

Hello. Have a '07 Vulcan 500 i bought last weekend, has 1,250 miles on it, and after tearing into it for a little maintenance, I've discovered it has California emissions on it (evap canister, air separator, etc) down low in front of the rear wheel. Bike bought new in Colorado, moved to San Antonio, now in deep South Texas. Several questions: 1) How much does this system affect performance? 2) Anything I'd need to know different from a 49-state bike if I were to install Harley Dyna mufflers? 3) I know it's not "legal" to remove these systems, but IF one were to remove it, what would be the procedures, and could it be done w/out changing a bunch of parts? 4) Any significant difference when it's off?

Thanks in advance.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!"
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (hers)
JT 17-tooth front sprocket
Harley Dyna mufflers [64941-07]
Biker's Friend medium round bag
sissy bar / luggage rack [brand unknown]
'97 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit (his)
Biker's Friend large round bag
shop-made luggage rack w/ 1.7-gal aux. fuel tank
Kuryakyn grips
Memphis Shades ruby Hellcat windshield
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Top Contributor
It neither adds nor takes away performance and gives little to no trouble. All it does it gather petrol fumes for recycling. There is one benefit, though, to the system. If you have a hot motorcycle and park it in the garage, it can eliminate that fuel smell in your garage that many bikes give off without the EVAP equipment. That is a plus in my books.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode