Greetings. I currently ride an '05 VN750, which has been a very nice machine, but I'd like to upsize a bit. I found a '92 VN1500A, also known as the Vulcan 88, for sale locally here. It looks very much like an oversized VN750 (admittedly, an acquired taste), so I'm giving it a second look. The asking price is something I can do (times are kind of tight right now).
I did a websearch, but was unable to find a lot of information about the bike, so I have a lot of questions which I hope some of you might be able to answer:
1. How's the handling? Is the bike topheavy?
2. How are reliability and parts availability?
3. Like the other VN1500s, does the engine have hydraulic lifters, so no valve adjustments?
4. Any particular issue I need to watch out for?
5. I know it's only a 4-speed transmission...any info about interstate performance with this engine and transmission?
6. Any other information you can provide?
Thanks in advance for all responses...I know it's kind of a funky bike, but I like funky, as long as the bike works and handles well...