need advice on sputtering engine - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by tereich View Post
I have a 97 Vulcan 100 Classic as well and mine will do that on occasion but mine is not always at the same speed. Some times it is at in town speed and sometimes on the highway. I can pull the clutch in a gas it a few times over and over for a couple of minutes and then it will be fine. Very Frustrating but fine for the time being. I have had my tank off and cleaned it out. I have not had the carb rebuilt yet but that is my next step. Something I have been having for over a year now.

I found a Clymers manual for mine on EBAY for about $20.00.
Tereich, how detailed, descriptive and explanative is that Clymer's manual you bought? I have an OEM Kawasaki Owner's, Service Manual and Service Manual Supplement and sometimes I feel even these are limited as far as details, descriptions, photos, charts and explanations etc. since the OEM manuals have been translated from Japanese. Thus, there are missing references here and there but all in all they require a person to see beyond the words and use the bike itself to discover things that are not covered completely or missed entirely in the manuals. Not all things but I've noticed a few so far.

@Twocols: try this link for the OEM Kawasaki Manuals:

They are expensive though and sometimes you can find good quality used ones on eBay if you search hard and strike fast enough. I just got tired of looking and paid extra to get NEW PRISTINE CONDITION ones.

It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.

Last edited by Comanche; 11-20-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Comanche, I have used it several times and it is pretty good in my opinion. I have done the Judges POG change with it and it was a great help as it has good diagrams and such.

Thanks for the link. I will have to look a that also.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Romans 5:8, I have not had the carbs off yet. I thought that once riding season is done for this year I will send it in and have them rebuilt. My bike has 45,500 miles and I thought it would be good to have them gone through. I am not a carb guy. They scare me a little with all of the little parts. I do allot of things myself but that is not one I have tackled before.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode