Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tire following ruts, lines in road

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  AlanK 
#1 ·
Hi, Is it normal for the front wheel to follow ruts and lines in the road? The tires have a lot of tread on them and look almost new. I just bought the bike. It's a 2001 vulcan classic 1500. This is my first cruiser and mostly been riding sportbikes.

#2 ·
It's called tramlining. I think it varies tire to tire. Some do it more than others. But it's not uncommon. I came from sportbikes as well. A set of bridgestones I had on my old 929 did it a lot. Went to a set of pirelli next and they never did it. Make sure your tire pressure is correct. Sometimes that helps.

#4 ·
Yep, it's normal. Worst for me was when I was commuting on freeways in CA where grooves which are parallel to the lanes and hence one's direction of travel have been cut into the concrete, supposedly to help prevent skids in rainy weather. Disconcerting but not ordinarily dangerous.

#8 ·
My Metzeler Marathon Ultra front tire cured it for good...
Amazingly you can use all of the road with just a hint tracking...
Feels MUCH safer !!!
They are about $120 bucks plus cost of mounting/balancing...

Check Dennis Kirk for competitive pricing...

Luckymann77

#10 ·
Well, I checked the air pressure and they were Way low. Air'd them up and it's much better!

My Metzeler Marathon Ultra front tire cured it for good...
Amazingly you can use all of the road with just a hint tracking...
Feels MUCH safer !!!
They are about $120 bucks plus cost of mounting/balancing...

Check Dennis Kirk for competitive pricing...
Thanks for the tip! I would be needing white walls though. I'll check out DK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.